Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating a much older man
(Quote bug²)
If you raise the problem with the guy, no. If you enforce things, if the guy doesn't want and you still insist, yes, ok.
However, not everyone have the conception of strictly monogamous sexual relationship, and keep the emotionnal "exclusivity", and that depends on couples, overall if the guy is bisexual. That's why the responsibility is for me on the older man.

The whole response just pissed me off...why o why do we constantly argue about age differences. I love and have a relationship with a man who is 25 years younger. I have never and I mean never had a relationship which I have with M like I have with him. If I looked and waited for a person who was my age I would die of loneliness.
Now the marriage issue I agree could be a problem but what if the guy had just spent his old married life in a lie....then comes on along a younger thing who rocks his boat. Why is this wrong?

pellaz Wrote:i I still would run over someone in a parking lot if 20 years younger. A quick look in the mirror would verify if i had to put it in reverse for a quick touch up.
serious
20 years is just too big a difference unless its the last two gay men on the planet.
Bullshit and double bullshit 20 years difference is nothing.....who the fuck cares about age differences not me....

throbbinblue Wrote:but what if the guy had just spent his old married life in a lie....then comes on along a younger thing who rocks his boat. Why is this wrong?

because his wife isn't just an object that he (possibly) used to hide his sexuality . she's a human being with feelings and would inevitably be hurt by her husband cheating on her for whatever reason .

First off, I agree that trying to start a relationship with someone who is cheating on his wife is problematic at best.
That being said, I don't think a big age difference should be an automatic disqualifier. I can point to my parents, yes they were a straight couple but, my dad was born in 1936, my mom in 1957. 21 years difference.
They married and loved each other until the day he died, so a big age difference doesn't need to be a problem. I would advise caution because before you get into that kind of relationship you might want to make sure you both want the same things and that your expectations are realistic.

Richard

I'm thinking of dating a couple of guys that are 18 and 20 years older than me.

Not sure though..