Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating a (much older) man
wintermoon Wrote:I would imagine use the same protocols you would with someone your own age. Just be yourself and don't worry about wondering what he thinks. As for the age gap....*waves hand dismissively* as long as you both like one another, what's the harm? I'm actually happy to see a younger guy who isn't automatically turned off by age, it speaks volumes about yourself and is sure to impress on that level alone.

Best of luck to whatever comes of this my friend Confusedmile:

I've been ridiculed in the past about having a boyfriend who was thirteen years older than me, so I don't know how it'll be if I get into a relationship with a man older than that. I once said 15 years tops, give or take a year. Now I'm like... whatever. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

a 20 year old has just as much to offer to friendships, relationships and life in general as as 43 year old. I don't believe in generation gaps because that we mean we have to live in the past...there are already too many people doing that. Live in the NOW and everyone is equal irrespective of how we are raised. The way we approach things now may be different, but that is always a learning experience...aren't couple supposed to learn from each other as well as share with each other?

I don't see how age fits into that when there are 2 happy and consenting adults persuing a relationship.

Three days and he wants to meet up ?
Um.... No , stay clear , I do not like the sound of this at all , and I fear for your safety.

23 year difference is a whole generation , he would have more in common with your parents than you.

Again, I beg the question: what's different from meeting someone in a grocery store/chatting for a few minutes and then meeting them the next day?

Body language , people around you ,eye contact and that's just for starters.
I really am not trying to argue with with you sweetie , I am just concerned for your safety.

Please play it safe , meet him in a public place and make sure that you have protection with you.
I apologize if I was sounding to overbearing.

Mum, I don't think you sounded over bearing at all. I think your concerns,as shared by a majority of us, are very real.

Some people just get upset when they don't hear what they want to hear.

dfiant Wrote:Mum, I don't think you sounded over bearing at all. I think your concerns,as shared by a majority of us, are very real.

Some people just get upset when they don't hear what they want to hear.

I wasn't upset. I was just interested. Smile

Rainbowmum Wrote:Body language , people around you ,eye contact and that's just for starters.
I really am not trying to argue with with you sweetie , I am just concerned for your safety.

Please play it safe , meet him in a public place and make sure that you have protection with you.
I apologize if I was sounding to overbearing.

And you didn't sound overbearing, don't worry. Smile I always meet the guy in a public place or pick him up and take him to a public place before I ever pursue anything more. I've had guys pick me up on a few occasions, but I usually end up picking them up, haha.

Thank the stars , that really does put my mind at ease.
I am so happy to hear you play things safe.
Bighug

Rainbowmum Wrote:Thank the stars , that really does put my mind at ease.
I am so happy to hear you play things safe.
Bighug

I come from an abusive background, so I can't afford NOT to. I'm pretty good at spotting the signs. The only instance where I DIDN'T spot them was when I was with a guy for a month, and I found out later that his subtle manipulations were 'grooming' me to accept his behavior.