Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating a younger guy...
I'm getting involved in a potential relationship with this REALLY nice guy. He's 19, though, and I'm 20. I know there's not much of a difference in age, but I still feel weird because I've always dated older guys (range of 2-5 years older than me). I guess I'm used to being the baby in the relationship. I'm just not in my comfort zone, if that makes sense. But, I don't believe that his age will stop me from dating him. He's amazing. Oh ya, and he's a top, and idk, I guess I associate that with masculinity, as I do with older guys. They're usually more mature emotionally, and settled in life more than younger guys. So, it's weird for a masculine guy to be younger to me because younger equals less masculine for me... I don't know where I'm going with this. I'm confused, lol.

Can anybody relate, or got any advice? Thanks!Confusedmile:

With it being just a years difference I am sure that after a very short time you will not even think about it Confusedmile:

age dosnt matter in relationships Tongue
im dating a 22 year old lol

I'm exactly the same, in my head the perfect man for me was older but then I met this egregious 21 year old who I really liked. Although thinking about it made me feel a bit wired the fact that he was taller and much stronger (he's freakishly strong for a 21 year old) than me made it OK to date someone older. I know it's a little thing but him being older than you will bother you at times but don't let it ruin this because it's so insignificant. If you want to be dominant in the relationship then go ahead and if you don't then let him be dominant, it really won't be that hard.

I don't think a year counts as younger in any serious way... you're practically the same age.

1 year would not make that much different. However, it 's in your mind rather than the age. Also, I think it 's good for you to try a new fresh thing. Life would be so boring if we keep dating a same type of person over and over again.

Thanks for all of your input guys! I'm not gonna hold back on something new. New things are scary for me, but I'll overcome the fear. I'm sure we will work out just fine!

posterpicture Wrote:1 year would not make that much different. However, it 's in your mind rather than the age. Also, I think it 's good for you to try a new fresh thing. Life would be so boring if we keep dating a same type of person over and over again.

I totally agree with ya on this.

The dude is not really younger, a one year age difference is nothing. Now for me... I had a younger guy, he was 7 years younger than me.

Snow Wrote:age dosnt matter in relationships Tongue
im dating a 22 year old lol

I agree,
I have dated guys younger and older than me.
When I was 17, my first relatively long-term relationship was 22 yrs old.
When I was 19, I was dating a 16 yr old.
I just got out of a relationship with someone 40 yrs old.
Maturity may or may not come with age.
Some people are mature enough to know that love is love while other are still looking for the answer.
If he makes you feel like a better person, he's a good match.
If he makes you feel less important or you feel somewhat used or demanded, it may be time to rethink the relationship.
Again, It isn't the age, its the maturity difference.

Personally, I find Astrology quite helpful.
You can tell alot about someone just by their Birthday!

Age has nothing to do with that I'm in relationship with 52 old years Lovely Man and I am 21 Smile