Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating an Indian
Hola!

Just wanted to post this question the GS members.

Will you consider dating an Indian guy / have an Indian guy as a bf? ( not American Indian but Desi Indian )

I always imagined my ideal soulmate to be a white guy ( but I'm not picky about race when dating.)

I have tried dating a white guy and hispanic guy before but it didn't work out ( they didn't like me ). I just feel apprehensive about future dates to come.

If you're judging people by their skin color, you're not ready to date. Whatever problems you had with your previous BF's stemmed from 1,000 other things than the color of their skin.

Should I blame my ex's problems on their eye color? Shoe size? Hair Cut?

You're being a bit superficial.

Anonymous Wrote:Hola!

Just wanted to post this question the GS members.

Will you consider dating an Indian guy / have an Indian guy as a bf? ( not American Indian but Desi Indian )

I always imagined my ideal soulmate to be a white guy ( but I'm not picky about race when dating.)

I have tried dating a white guy and hispanic guy before but it didn't work out ( they didn't like me ). I just feel apprehensive about future dates to come.

Why not try Arab guys like me ? Hey-sexy-smiley lol :tongue:

If a guy won't date you because you're Indian you probably wouldn't want to be with him anyways.

Anonymous Wrote:I always imagined my ideal soulmate to be a white guy ( but I'm not picky about race when dating.)

Can you explain why you always imagined your soul mate to be white?

That whole quote above is strange and riddled with contradiction.

So you've dated two guys and it didn't work out and you're thinking it is because of race? I don't want to scare you, but you've barely taken a step into the gay dating world. If you're like most people, you've got a lot more of these "it didn't work out" guys to get through before you meet the right one. It's tough out there.

Skin colour is irrelevant in a relationship, and what we imagine is rarely what becomes reality. I used to always imagine (see: fantasize) I'd end up with a pretty Korean boy, but I ended up instead with a pretty white girl, and I'm not disappointed at all. :tongue:

Personality is what's important when it comes to relationships.

Seriously, what is with these superficial threads lately?

Throw away all prejudice

I am Korean/White/Native American mix and dated a Desi for 5 years. We got along very well because our cultures have many similarities. We went to darshan together and I kept the murtis in our home. Kind of like what an Indian wife would do. We even traveled India together and his family loved me.

If you want someone who is culturally similar to yourself, there are not going to be many white people that you'll mesh with. But if you don't mind having separate cultures and beliefs with a respect for one another, then there will be plenty of guys who like you. It also depends on where you live. Some places are more well known for having a generally open-minded population than others.

Uneunsae Wrote:I am Korean/White/Native American mix and dated a Desi for 5 years. We got along very well because our cultures have many similarities. We went to darshan together and I kept the murtis in our home. Kind of like what an Indian wife would do. We even traveled India together and his family loved me.

If you want someone who is culturally similar to yourself, there are not going to be many white people that you'll mesh with. But if you don't mind having separate cultures and beliefs with a respect for one another, then there will be plenty of guys who like you. It also depends on where you live. Some places are more well known for having a generally open-minded population than others.

^^
Well said. 100%. I was trying to figure out how to compose what I wanted to say into a post, but Uneunsae beat me to it. And even added in personal experience. Smile