Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating and Disclosure -Something unique about me
BrianNorth Wrote:If you have an issue take it to PM. The board is self moderated. Your 'opinion' is rude and ignorant. Use Google if you don't understand a term.

what's ignorant about it? do i have to like ninjas and turtles? no i don't. i also don't have to like adult men behaving like kids, which i don't.

i am entitled to my opinion just like you are entitled to think whatever you want. if the OP can't handle negative feedback he should've never opened the thread. you think other people should be tip-toed around, and never to god offend anyone ever? fuck that. everyone should have enough backbone as not to get offended at the slightest remarks.

and at least i am being honest. would it have been better if i had said, 'oh your hand is so cool', when in reality i think the way i do? no. the truth is always better than a lie. you have a long way growing up.

meridannight Wrote:what's ignorant about it? do i have to like ninjas and turtles? no i don't. i also don't have to like adult men behaving like kids, which i don't.

i am entitled to my opinion just like you are entitled to think whatever you want. if the OP can't handle negative feedback he should've never opened the thread. you think other people should be tip-toed around, and never to god offend anyone ever? fuck that. everyone should have enough backbone as not to get offended at the slightest remarks.

and at least i am being honest. would it have been better if i had said, 'oh your hand is so cool', when in reality i think the way i do? no. the truth is always better than a lie. you have a long way growing up.

I issued an infraction as you said something offensive and ignorant just because you can. In response now you've chosen to personally attack me. I don't think we really need to demonstrate which of us is more mature as it's pretty clear.

Perhaps before you post you should think of your intent. I'm all for brutally honest opinions but at what cost? What is the expense of the post you made? It has the potential to make the OP feel bad about something he can't control. 2 minutes on Google would have given enough education if you were truly confused what he meant by a ninja turtle hand.

There are plenty of other forums out there if you wish to spend your days making posts where you uselessly lashout at people. GS isn't one of these places. If someone chooses to express themselves and share something they may be self conscious about they deserve support and respect. If you only have negative things to say then don't say them.

BrianNorth Wrote:I issued an infraction as you said something offensive and ignorant just because you can. In response now you've chosen to personally attack me. I don't think we really need to demonstrate which of us is more mature as it's pretty clear.

Perhaps before you post you should think of your intent. I'm all for brutally honest opinions but at what cost? What is the expense of the post you made? It has the potential to make the OP feel bad about something he can't control.

i said something about what i like and don't like. there was nothing wrong about what i said. and it was not abusive.

and, again, you might tip-toe around other people. i don't.

Quote:There are plenty of other forums out there if you wish to spend your days making posts where you uselessly lashout at people. GS isn't one of these places.

who's uselessly lashing out? that's only your opinion. did you grow up on Mars, away from the rest of the human civilization where no-one ever said a negative thing that it's so shocking to you now, or are you really just that weak?

Quote:If someone chooses to express themselves and share something they may be self conscious about they deserve support and respect. If you only have negative things to say then don't say them.

nobody deserves respect just for being in existence. respect is given to people who achieve something remarkable, or have some talent, or a personal quality to deserve it. things like that.

you are intellectually-challenged aren't you?

you know the difference between abusive and not? abusive would have been to call him a mutant weirdo. i didn't, because i don't think that. the hand thing is a big thing, but if i liked the guy i would get over it. talking like he was a 3-year-old though? no. i will do a quick u-turn at that. you obviously didn't even read my post if you thought i expressed a problem with his hand.

you think that was abusive? wait till you get out of the fake comfort of your youtube.com and google.com into the real physical world where there are actual abusive things out there far worse than telling a guy you don't like the way he talks. you wouldn't be able to handle the real world if you get all worked up for someone's words. i live in that world. all your youtube and google is useless in there, and words are the least thing to be concerned about.

i am taking a personal issue with you, and who started that? the thing didn't even concern you. is the OP offended? i wanna hear from him, not some third party who thinks he can speak for him. i bet the OP has more backbone than your fake self-jerk here. that was an insult, by the way. i am much more subtle about my insults than what you think is an actual insult. infract that.

To the OP, go ahead and get it out of the way fairly quickly. If someone has a problem with it you can go ahead and weed them out and move on. No point in wasting your time or anyone else's.

I do agree with Meridanknight, however. A lot of people find ninja turtles to look creepy, and you are NOT a creepy looking guy. You're actually a very hot guy IMO. I don't think you should associate yourself with a turtle, but in the end it's your body and you can call it what you want.

Borg69 Wrote:I'm curious if your twin is the same, or was it a physical accident?

By twin he is perfectly normal
The short version it could have been my brother or none of us.
Stress during the pregnancy for my mother made my left hand being developed differently.
So I feel lucky because this kind of stress can often lead to a miscarriage and in my case it just my hand being different. So it's a small sacrifice to live!

However, if you ask my brother he will say we had a fight and he won and I lost lol

oh, I forgot my popcorns but let me fetch my green tea. . .

well, I personally don't think it's scary or even disgusting! if it's me, I won't even care if I dated people with less or even more fingers on their hands, or when they have another arm growing out from their back, as long as we're fine with each other

hiding it? HELL NO I know first impression is everything on 1st date, but it's something you've been born with, physically, it'll be awkward for you or your date if you keep hiding it from the other party

if they can't accept the idea of dating people with less/more FINGERS than themselves, then they don't deserve you!

I don't know why you call yourself by having TMNT hand or whatsoever but well, if it makes you happy, why not? everyone's special, everyone's beautiful, you are one beautifully special person, logan! don't forget that!

meridannight Wrote:what in the hell is a 'ninja turtle hand'? why would you call it like that? i find the naming more disconcerting than the fact that you don't have a normal-looking hand. i don't like ninjas, i don't even know what they are. it's kids' stuff. hearing a grown man talk like that is off-putting. that's my take.

You don't have any physical difference do you?

All my life I learned human have 10 fingers and I was raising my hand in class saying not everybody lol

I've never been able to find someone like me but the Ninja, yes they were like me and they were cool. Like I told in my post others kids when I was in Elementary school called me a Ninja turtle and I used to love it growing up. Because between 85 and 95 it was the prime for them.

I talk about ninja turtles because it's the best way to describes my hand. My hand is like that. If you have any other tips to describes my hand go for it.

When I see a person face to face they see my hand I don't have to describes it.
However, writing this post I couldn't fin the words to describe it and I smile thinking about the Ninja turtles who helped me having a good childhood with absolutely no bullying.

Also, I didn't want the post to look like i'm a victim in distress because I'm not. Just brings some humour. Life is way better when we can laugh at us and stop play the victim.

Hope I answered your question.

MountLogan Wrote:You don't have any physical difference do you?

All my life I learned human have 10 fingers and I was raising my hand in class saying not everybody lol

I've never been able to find someone like me but the Ninja, yes they were like me and they were cool. Like I told in my post others kids when I was in Elementary school called me a Ninja turtle and I used to love it growing up. Because between 85 and 95 it was the prime for them.

I talk about ninja turtles because it's the best way to describes my hand. My hand is like that. If you have any other tips to describes my hand go for it.

When I see a person face to face they see my hand I don't have to describes it.
However, writing this post I couldn't fin the words to describe it and I smile thinking about the Ninja turtles who helped me having a good childhood with absolutely no bullying.

Also, I didn't want the post to look like i'm a victim in distress because I'm not. Just brings some humour. Life is way better when we can laugh at us and stop play the victim.

Hope I answered your question.

I think it's awesome. You have a good self-image and came up with a positive way to think and talk about something that others might allow to hold them back.

We all have idiosyncrasies of one sort and another. Some are visible, some aren't. (I have tinnitus, for example, invisible, but it is a problem I have to deal with on-going.)

As for your question, I think you're handling it well. No big deal. For sure, some guys might get weirded out by it at first but once they get to know you it probably won't make any difference at all -- and if it does, well, obviously that isn't someone you wan tin your life anyway. As for when to mention it, that depends on your comfort level. Hard to say. There are def some things I might want to hear about up-front, but other things that might be important to the other guy that would be no big deal to me.

Steve Wrote:Complicated question Logan.

I was in a nasty car accident when I was eighteen. Left me with a bizarre question marked shaped scar on the right side of my head and a bunch of mental health issues. Before I was lucky enough to meet my partner I was kind of at a loss at how to tell guys that I might well be an emotional handful in terms of a long term relationship. If things between a guy and I started to feel more serious, I filled him in on my past and my mental health issues. If it was just a date, especially a first date (pretty much a hook-up), I usually just glossed over my scar (it is visable through the hair on my skull) and the details.

With you it's an immediate physical issue. If it were me I'd probably show the guy/date fairly soon into the conversation. You'll know by his reaction whether he has problems with you or not. I'd still give the guy a little while to get to know you after telling/showing him your hand. He may just find you irresistible, because frankly you sound like a great guy to me.

The good thing about turtles is that they have hard shell protection. Rejection happens to all of us, no matter our shape. Keep your head poked out of that shell, but use it if you need to. I'd hate to see you hurt.

(BTW, which TMNT are you? Raphael, Michelangelo, Donatello and Leonardo are all the best of the best in terms of fine artists. There's nothing to be ashamed of when you're associated with a grand master artist. Even if those are TMNT names, I'd feel sort of complimented at being called any one of them. Your hand doesn't define you, even if it has influenced who you are. Don't let anyone define you by reducing you to one unique characteristic. We're all more than the sum of our parts.)

xx

Raphael Loved the red when I was a kid!
And I so agree with what you said.