Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating bad manners
So last night I had a date with a guy I met on the internet.

Bloody awful date. To start with no chemistry. OK, I can kind of live with it - it's only the millionth time.

But apart from anything else, at least twice (possibly more) I caught him checking his GRINDR account WHILE I WAS TALKING TO HIM.

Now, I realise that many will probably think I'm over-reacting and a complete stick in the mud over this. I can accept the lack of chemistry. But since when is checking your grindr account in the middle of the date acceptable?

I dread to think what he was putting in a message to the nearest available guy: "hey dude I'm horny as fuck and on an awful date with some ugly guy. Can I come round and suck you off?". LOL.

I am most likely never going to be dating anyone again but if I did...I would excuse myself if that happened. It is rude.

On another note...congrats on putting yourself out there and I hope you meet someone you click with...

I was about to ask why you won't be dating ever again and then saw your profile LOL.
Well if it counts for anything, I don't think I'll be dating ever again LOL.

Men can be such assholes sometimes.

Sorry that happened to you ExPat. It isn't, it wasn't, and it ain't never gonna be acceptable behavior to check your GRINDR while on a date. Hopefully you ended the date sooner than later? There's no point wasting time with someone like that.

Sad

East, it is a shame you are taken. Just a damned shame.....

As for people who use their phones for ANYTHING while on a date, in a conversation, or whatever, they should be taken aside by a very strict great aunt and taught some manners. Just because we have cell phones and smart phones and things well past Dick Tracy's wrist radio does not mean they have to be in constant use. GET A GRIP, PEOPLE!
I bid NO Trump!

Well the first time I saw him doing it I thought I had imagined it and was being paranoid. The second time I was sure; luckily by that point it was dessert (we'd gone out for dinner) so I asked for the bill very quickly.
I would add that he had also turned up his nose when I'd ordered dessert in the first place when he didn't (likely thought in his head = you're fat so shouldn't be having dessert in the first place)

ExpatBrit77 Wrote:Well the first time I saw him doing it I thought I had imagined it and was being paranoid. The second time I was sure; luckily by that point it was dessert (we'd gone out for dinner) so I asked for the bill very quickly.
I would add that he had also turned up his nose when I'd ordered dessert in the first place when he didn't (likely thought in his head = you're fat so shouldn't be having dessert in the first place)

Don't beat yourself up over an asshole like that. I'm sure what he was thinking was "I think my brain just dribbled some pee".

You're worth more than that ExPat.

YOu are not going to meet anyone if you don't go on dates, so don't take yourself off the market. Mr. Right isn't going to be the first date. You need to kiss other frogs.

As for the asshole's behavior, it was beyond rude, and you deserve better than that.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

well I hope so, I suppose you come to a point when you think it's all a waste of time anyway.

I'm sorry for your bad date,but that's kind of funny,I didn't know that guy could be that rude,lol. But seriously,even if the guy check up on his phone in the middle of a date for no very very very good reason,it's a red flag for me,and this guy checked up his Grindr? I would have confronted him with that and take off immediately,he deserves not an ounce of politeness from me. :mad: