• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bowie dies
I am not and never have been a fan but some of you here will be interested:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/da...ist-854364
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

yeah, i just heard myself. what a loss.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I am not really a fan either but I like a couple thing he did...with Pat Methany and also the title for Cat People...

Wow I think he just had a birthday...they announced it on the radio a couple days ago....crazy... I know he was in his 70's...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Wow I think he just had a birthday...they announced it on the radio a couple days ago....crazy... I know he was in his 70's...

He was 69 Axle.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:He was 69 Axle.

I saw that, everyone is posting about it on Facebook...could have sworn I heard he was 70 or something...or maybe about to be 70...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

This was the first thing I heard on the radio when I woke up this morning, I didn't even know he had cancer. I think I'll always remember his weird Lets Dance video on MTV when I was a kid.

I was a huge fan. I made a post about it in the music forum, about how his new album is amazing and I've been listening to nothing but Bowie for the past few days and now this. I feel like I've lost a friend.

I never got into him. Somebody told me to listen to Low a while ago and it was class but I couldn't be bothered checking out his other stuff. Funnily enough, I still felt a twinge of grief after hearing the news. In Ireland, death is a bit of excitement (people love reading the death notices to see who's died recently, here).

I first saw David Bowie on television when I was 12 years old. It was during his Ziggy Stardust phase. It was completely mind opening for me. Here was a guy who was doing whatever the hell he wanted, being creative, innovative, flamboyant, and having a blast doing it.

I had the realization that day sitting in my suburban living room that there were no rules on how you had to be, that you could just be who you are and damn the naysayers. So I give him much respect for opening up possibilities through him being himself. RIP.