Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De Money
Hey babes. I just wanted to show you guys how our Money looks, new and old. No other reason lol, but if you want to post pictures of your countries money, then by all means :3 .

Top - American 50
Bottom - Bermudian 20 (Old Money)
Side - Bermudian 50 (New Money)
[Image: KINDLE_CAMERA_1375462990000.jpg]

Now I have no clue as to why we are allowed to utilize American Currency and not European, but that's how it is. Any American money is accepted here, but no UK, even though were a technically a British Colony still...

And for the backs.
[Image: KINDLE_CAMERA_1375463025000.jpg]

And both of our types of Money feature our Bermudian Houses on them somewhere. However, the new Money has our local wild life printed on them or local things in general, such as gombeys and stuff.

As for the small stuff.
[Image: KINDLE_CAMERA_1375463463000.jpg]

We actually do not produce 1 dollar bills, but a 1 dollar coin, so this would be the smallest bill you would find here, outside of tue American ones. Also, that is our iconic Blue Jay on the 2$ bill and our Longtail or White Longtailed Tropic Bird on the 50$ bill. We have one with our Cahow or Bermuda Petrel on the new 20$ I believe... and then it's other stuff on the rest.

The backs
[Image: KINDLE_CAMERA_1375463474000.jpg]

As you can see, we also have a Clock Tower here as well, like Big Ben in the UK. And is apart of our Magistrates court builing...

Our new money is more of a play on our culture and local life, which I personally as a very proud Bermudian, find to be beautiful.

Like, no offense but...American money looks too formal lol.

And also, I'm tired of Elizabeth gettin all up on our money! She even snuck her ass up in the corner of our new money...How do you Europeans deal? :8 .

Anyways, dats mah money. Now y'all can be envious lol.

Its all monopoly money - someone else has a monopoly on it... LOL

Your currency is pretty... I like the one of the bird...

Yes the US dollars are formal, but it served their purpose. I think it was Post American Civil War that set the standard for US dollars look, and once that was established the people protested too much when the money was changed.

The most recent change in US Dollars has added color and people complain about that. Americans are not fun people, we are stuffy, conservative and hate change. Contrary to the propaganda we throw out to the rest of the world. It must be the religion thing.... Rolleyes

What's this paper crap? I just use a card. :tongue:

VileKyle Wrote:What's this paper crap? I just use a card. :tongue:

I hear dat gurl! Um gotta haf mi caad doe! Never leff without it!

Still, gotta have dem papers for certain dings! Especially at de beach, cause we don't take cards lol.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Its all monopoly money - someone else has a monopoly on it... LOL

Your currency is pretty... I like the one of the bird...

Yes the US dollars are formal, but it served their purpose. I think it was Post American Civil War that set the standard for US dollars look, and once that was established the people protested too much when the money was changed.

The most recent change in US Dollars has added color and people complain about that. Americans are not fun people, we are stuffy, conservative and hate change. Contrary to the propaganda we throw out to the rest of the world. It must be the religion thing.... Rolleyes

Pfft...Monopoly money ain't got nuffin on dis Sir!

Yes, our Money IS pretty, isn't it? :p and which Bird? Wink

I will just never get Americans...we're close to y'all, but our ways are soooo much different :p .

Hmmmm, damn, $50.00 huh????

You must have had 1,000 tricks that night.

Rofl

You're a rich bitch! (quote Die Antwoord)
I can show you my pence! XD

MisterTinkles Wrote:Hmmmm, damn, $50.00 huh????

You must have had 1,000 tricks that night.

Rofl

No hunni, This is the pre, pre-upfront fee, before the actual 50,000$ they had to pay to tap this untouched gold mine :p

Don't be jealous cause your tricks pay 10¢ for dat old flabby butt cushion you call a Pussy! Rofl .

sillyboy86 Wrote:You're a rich bitch! (quote Die Antwoord)
I can show you my pence! XD

Lol, I wish miss! If I was, Drake and I would be touring all over da world and buy a romantic house in the backwoods of Ireland or some place with lots of nature and live happily ever after...and then I wakeup :p .

I'd rather you show me a good Pound...ing lol!

Pence? Aww...that's...small...hmmm lol

The US takes money seriously (they don't call us the "best democracy money can buy" without a good reason :tongue: ), and that includes how it looks.

For example, back when I saw the new Total Recall at the cinema there's a brief scene where a guy grabs wads of cash, and one stack has a pic of Obama on it. And a few people actually hissed and booed (annoyed me as it pulled me out of the story, I thought jerks like that were supposed to be confined to posting on the internet), and they didn't make any other such critical noises of being offended through any other part of the movie (and I wondered how many were offended by the bucks who kept their peace?).

I bet more than anything that they were Obama-hating conservatives who didn't grasp that this was actually a slam against Obama (probably unintended, however) by making him an iconic figure on money in such a brutal, vicious totalitarian state, that would require too much thinking on their part than they were capable of (granted, maybe they were liberals who DID see it that way, or being overly anal in thinking his pic shouldn't be on the money of the UK/Australia, but I doubt it). Thing is, make a movie as bad as you want, put in three-breasted hookers and firefights while plummeting through the center of the earth (and the trained thugs of the state, supposedly elite, shoot worse than Star Wars storm troopers when they fire bursts down a frigging SUBWAY car and STILL can't hit people in the aisle!) just be very careful whose picture you put on the money. Rolleyes

ETA: Here's the YT capture of the "Obama money" from Total Recall (apparently someone put it up thinking it "subliminal," now those are some people incapable of thinking):

Vertically orientated notes???

:o