Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealbreakers
...so what are they? What kinds of things are not acceptable when you meet a man...or woman?...or things where you know instantly that you are not going to be compatible in a relationship?

Mine are odd...but very well thought out. Remember...I worked in a busy nightclub for many years so I had alot of time to figure out what I didn't like or want...

For me..the instant dealbreakers...the top three

"You are so good-looking"....UGH...we are NEVER going to date or have sex...ever..instant turn off. I always wanted to say to them..."well gee...thanks...I will let my parent's egg and sperm know how much you admire them" I don't get why so many people like this. I am cool with sexy because at least there is a vibe attached to sexy...one that I actually had something to do with

"We would look good together"...UGH...seriously? What a nightmare THAT would be.

If they make fun of other people's appearance/hair/clothes...UGH..instant turn off...

Those were the everyday common ones for me...there are others of course... but not as common...

So...what are your dealbreakers?

In my lonely single days I was once wooing a fellow volleyballer, I thought he was very hot. Nothing ever came of it and I stopped all efforts, when I realized he wasn't laughing at my jokes.

So, not sharing my sense of humor would be mine.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

- Guys who are aggressively "touchy" from the first moment (...as in, don't grab my ass before you learn my name...)

- Guys who hit on me in a really obvious way when I'm out with someone else -

- Guys who would rather text for hours than have an actual conversation - do they know the original purpose of a telephone...?

Just in general...smokers (smell bad, taste worse)...people who don't like animals...constant negativity...Sheep

For me, it would be not having chemistry, no sense of humor (mine comes from a very dark and twisted perceptive not many people can appreciate..) so someone who's too stiff and stuck on being politically correct and proper all the time... it won't work... loosen the fuck up! Life is too short!

Someone shorter than me... ugh... I'm 5'7, so that's not usually a problem lol

So goes without saying, hands that don't fit comfortably in my own, typically ones with short nubby fingers, I'm very touchy-feely, so that's important!

Ignorance is a huge turn off! I need someone that can match or surpass my intellect.

Someone deeply religious, I can't deal..... being a staunch atheist; spiritual is as far as I can allow...

Bad hygiene! Like seriously, if you don't have that down by adulthood, you're not for me. Stank breath and bad BO is a HUGE turn off! Some people have a BO that's gag-worthy, so if that's the case, adios! While others, well, their pheromones drive me wild!

Empathy, compassion and good communication skills are a requirement, so selfish, arrogant entitled assholes, to the left.

Race isn't an issue, unless they're white, since I'm white enough for two people... Maybe one day that will change, but for now I mainly seek men who go from spicey to dark chocolate!

Anyone with past or present addiction issues, never gonna happen. That includes those "in recovery"... Don't need the drama.

Dishonesty and any red flags that give me any reason to not trust you (I'm very observant of even the smallest things)... I cut off and out of my life entirely, thast goes for anyone really, not just intimate relationships.

And I think that's about it for me.

Let's see........

Consistently rude/cruel to people. everyone deserves respect.

Cruel to animals. Anyone who will mistreat an animal will mistreat a person very easily.

Someone who refuses to show affection, humor or their feelings in general.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

* People who have precisely one interest in life. I don't mind if they're really into something or other - I know I am - but if all they can talk about is their favorite singer or favorite TV show or favorite sports team...then I'm going to lose interest really quickly.

* Non-acceptance of the gargoyle. I am not a hunk of clay for you to sculpt as you see fit. I'm fine with modest suggestions - if you think I'd look good in a particular outfit, I'm not averse to trying it on. But one guy decided I was "born to be a bear", and wanted me to wear leather vests (with no shirts) and a leather cap all the time. Um, no.

* No sense of humor. Or a completely different one from mine. We need to make each other laugh.

Lex

Lying. Cheating. Stealing. Lack of respect for me and my property. Double standards. Lack of compromise. Coming on too strong, or not strong enough. Arrogance and being wishy washy.

Bad Tippers
"One-Uppers" (we all know them; you had the flu, they had cancer...)
Hypocrites/ "The Moral Majority"
~Beaux

Dishonesty
Disrespect
Close-Mindedness

Recreational Drugs (other than occasional pot use)
Tobacco (because I'm severely allergic and need to breathe to survive)

Anything that sets off my "predator" alarm or causes serious issues with my moral compass.

Laziness
Expectation that someone else pays their bills
Drugs (other than alcohol)
Party animals
Religious (not for me)
Being The Gay in the village -types

Lucky im so perfect Big Grin