Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dean koontz books
Has anyone read any dean koontz books. What do you think of him. Ive read a few and found some to be better than others. My favourites were "The Taking" and "Intensity"

only ever read Watchers , but ive just treat myself to a kindle paperwhite so any of his best books then let me know please

I tried to read one of his novels years ago, can't remember which one, but I never really got my head into it.

I was only fascinated by him because his last name sounded like an Irishman saying Cuntz

you said it first - I was trying to be nice lol ..D Smile

matty7 Wrote:only ever read Watchers , but ive just treat myself to a kindle paperwhite so any of his best books then let me know please

yeah seen that one on shelves, any good?

Just the two i mentioned, i really enjoyed both, NOT "shattered" that might of been the one dfiant tried :p it really is a crap novel, "night chills" was only slighter better.

I've read a few. While kinda good (I was able to read through it fast and it was enjoyable even if I never got fully into it) I found that you've read one then you've about read them all. That is to say most of his characters are the same book to book with only marginal changes (and mostly being the name) with repeated themes and incidents that made his books so predictable to me that I lost interest in them. At least that was true of the ones I read.

Pix Wrote:I've read a few. While kinda good (I was able to read through it fast and it was enjoyable even if I never got fully into it) I found that you've read one then you've about read them all. That is to say most of his characters are the same book to book with only marginal changes (and mostly being the name) with repeated themes and incidents that made his books so predictable to me that I lost interest in them. At least that was true of the ones I read.

I agree everything here, I lost interest also, he's really quite hit & miss and like you say predictable at times.

partis Wrote:Has anyone read any dean koontz books. What do you think of him. Ive read a few and found some to be better than others. My favourites were "The Taking" and "Intensity"

I read Intensity about five years ago, and really liked it. I've never read anything else by him.

i think i've read one . but i don't remember what it was called or what happened in it ...

starbelly Wrote:I read Intensity about five years ago, and really liked it. I've never read anything else by him.

I loved it, you picked a good one to read.