Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear English Members,
Emiliano Wrote:Ah yeah, and thats the show too.

What a bad millennial I am. Cant google worth shit.
Thanks.

At least it wasn't Bing...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:I think it means to have an argument or fight...but they have it listed under New Zealand, but seems to make the most sense maybe? Need someone to confirm. I think [MENTION=18457]LONDONER[/MENTION] might just know the answer, seems to have a wide pallet of knowledge.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/diction...glish/blue

I confess that in spite of being a Londoner born and bred I have never heard of the phrase. Had I heard it at random I would have preumed that it was a reference to the person's political persuasion blue being the colour associated with the Conservative party.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Yeah. I have never heard of the phrase and I am a Londoner born and bred. But as it was said above. It could be a political affiliation to the conservative party or it could be a football club like Chelsea or Everton. Because I support Chelsea FC and I call myself a blue

If it's a northerner saying it then it means they're a fan of manchester City football club.

The nothern city of Manchester has two teams Manunited (play in red) and Mancity (play in blue).

Both excellent teams and both bitter rivals. It's probably the most intense football rivalry in England if not the world.

If it's a southerner saying it then he's probably a conservative supporter or from old money.

As Londoner stated, it was probably a reference to the Tory or Conservative party, therefore an allegiance to a political party that would normally be seen as maybe not very friendly towards transgendered people.

princealbertofb Wrote:As Londoner stated, it was probably a reference to the Tory or Conservative party, therefore an allegiance to a political party that would normally be seen as maybe not very friendly towards transgendered people.

And yet it was David Cameron who insisted on passing a Bill allowing same sex marriage.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

As I said, @LONDONER, ''would normally be'' seen as less LGBT-friendly. But we can't tar everyone with the same brush.

The show that I was watching takes place in Manchester and it was said in a very jokingly way, so I think it makes sense that it was a soccer team.

Thanks though!

Well, it could well be about football too. As long as it makes sense.

[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION], what show was it, by the way?