Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death.
Few days ago an important person has died and it made me think. I have no problem with embracing death but i never thinked about the people i'll left behind. Slipping throu the darkness and silence, into an eternity; while leaving a mass of crying harmony. That seemed cold and brutal to me. And i realised even if i want it im not gonna decide when to happen. It can happen any minute now or maybe after years. But it might be sudden and if it does; i can never say how sorry i am for leaving everyone. How rude and selfish it would be to let you guys suffer alone. How bitter it would be to not to breath deeply ever again. How fascinating it would be to discover if there is something ahead and how comfortable it would be to rest for the eternity without any concern.
I want to say good bye to everyone for the first time. It may not be the last, but its certainly better than not being able to say it to anyone. Like i said before; i love you guys. Remember to live every second without regret or shame; make every moment unforgetable and delightfull because, you would be suprised to see how fast it all can change. And be mercifull to everyone who was cruel to you, because hopefully there is nothing but relief at the end.

The older you get, the closer death gets. Toss on a chronic disease that has the potential to take you to an early grave, like diabetes, epilepsy or any number of others and, you find yourself living every day knowing it might be your last.

Now for most of us it take one of those close calls to really drive it home but, once it happens, it changes your whole outlook on life. Now you KNOW you might die tomorrow but, you also know you might live another 20, 30, 40, even 50 years.

So how do you get it all said and done so you don't leave things undone and unsaid yet, plan for a potentially long future as well? You don't, not entirely. Doing all of both is not possible so, you pick and choose what's really important and work with those things and, let the rest fall where they may.

Future, beyond a place to live and enough to eat and pay bills for myself and, hopefully a partner again someday, that's it. People, don't neglect friends or loved ones, let them know where your heart its, how important they are to you and, if today is the last, hope that they remember that, not the mistakes you made, or the times you unintentionally hurt them in some way.

Having done the whole being dead thing once (well technically twice, but within minutes apart so I guess it doesn't count) I find that death is not all cracked up to what people make of it.

I have been reminded of my own mortality not too long ago, that coupled with a very hard year of one major event after another, I find I am plumb tuckered out and sorta scared about the whole end of life thing. Mostly I'm wondering if this is really it, and this is the whole point of life... to live, suffer then die.

Mortality reminds us of the things we 'could'a done' and 'should'a done'... Could'a, Would'a, Should'a.... Wink I think the occasional brush with Mr. Death reminds us how to live our life a wee bit better. Take from this brush a better idea of your purpose in life and it works out for the better... I think.

My own personal brush with being dead for a few minutes brought no light and loved ones, conversely it didn't bring flames with it either. It was all pretty dark and nothingness. I fear that death is a country from whence no traveler returns, so we may never know until we go there was really lies beyond this life.

I suspect nothing. Which is sort of sad... But there is much to be said for nothing after a whole bunch of something - too much something.... Wink

Death is the only birthright we have ,it's the only certainty, you can't buy it off it does not care how rich , young , poor or old you are.

I prefer to not concentrate on it , life is much too short as it is.
My sons know I am not going to live forever ,you can't prepare for it .

It's just a certainty , no one gets out alive. Confusedmile:

We're all going to die and I'd wager most of us won't expect it when it happens. Dying terrifies me. Death does not. The price of having an imagination is being able to face the incomprehensible void of nonexistence. What little solace there is, is that everyone is destined to look into the void before it eats them. Then you're home, for better or worse. But it's where you've always been. You'll dissolve and diffuse but you will never be destroyed. Death is a beautiful thing but it's also where fear comes from. Of course I have no idea what I'm talking about so I'll quit now.

Death...is a part of life. And the only Truly democratic thing around. I don't know what it's like.....nor will i care once i'm dead....lol

Mick

It's a tad early to be thinking about death. Get out there and do some living.

I don't know, i guess we start to consider death when life is no longer perfect for us. And i think you realise it when you're a teenager since people suddenly expect you to do more and be.. right. Giving up is much more easier. Yet we're sad and mad at people who dies before us..

I try not to think about it. It scares the living sh*t out of me. :frown: