Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death and all his Friends
Quote:Flying cups and other items have nothing to do with death.
Unless they sever your artery or your head, or shoot into your heart muscle.

Perhaps not, but I was using this as an Example, that like Death, these types of things run hand in hand, parallel to what we do know as the things that happen within Life.

And the fact that, unlike in Life, Death and other similar unexplainable conundrums such as metaphysical phenomena can not be explained simply by Chemical Reactions.

Of course I know that based on external stimuli, you receive results based on the Brain's perception of the various variables, however, when the Brain can offer no such results from unexplainable stimuli, this is where it becomes a non-chemical reaction, because you cannot react to what you don't know or feel doesn't exist, other than to say that it's unexplainable.

This leads to the Fear aspect of it, because we cannot form a reaction, we can only speculate really.

But this is not to say literally nothing happens once the brain turns of or "shuts down".

Death is the last great learning experience.

I have witnessed enough to know in my own heart that there is a spirit of us left behind on the earth in various forms after we physically pass.

I also don't fear death like I did when I was 20, I fear things going unrequited when my time is up instead. When you experience death enough it gives you a different perspective on life and I think a lot of people worry too much about dying and not enough about living.

Your days are numbered from the day you are born, don't take for granted that tomorrow will come, instead just dance like no one is watching Wink

@ LateBloomer-

Actually I agree. I always viewed Sleep as a state of temporary Stasis of sorts, where as Death is perceived to be the permanent so far as we know. Although, in Sleep, we have Dreams, so would this be the same in Death perhaps?

However, I actually do agree the concept seems to get easier to grasp in age. Many people my age think because we are young, that we can fly off a roof, but I have always been very aware of my own mortality.

@ Matty - I hope I didn't bring up any grief T^T . I think it's only natural to feel sad when what you know comes to an end. *hugsy*

dfiant1 Wrote:Death is the last great learning experience.

I have witnessed enough to know in my own heart that there is a spirit of us left behind on the earth in various forms after we physically pass.

I also don't fear death like I did when I was 20, I fear things going unrequited when my time is up instead. When you experience death enough it gives you a different perspective on life and I think a lot of people worry too much about dying and not enough about living.

Your days are numbered from the day you are born, don't take for granted that tomorrow will come, instead just dance like no one is watching Wink

Yes,

After a pretty serious car accident when I was 22 (a drunk ran a red doing 80mph and I wasn't wearing a seat belt) I realized (after I regained consciousness) that death can come at any time, any place.

And we need to be ready for it.

And every day it doesn't come, is truly a gift, because it will come and that is guaranteed unlike tomorrow.

@Daddi -

How Wise.

The only reason I think I inquire and perhaps worry over death so much, is because of the fact that I want to know all that I can in this life. I love to learn and whatnot and to not be able to anymore is maybe what scares me the most...

I do live everyday, doing what makes me happy and try to make others around me happy as well, however, with life, I know death is eventual and so I ponder on it...

It's not so much depressing or scary, than it is sad to me. All the things I could read and learn, I never will...

But you are very correct in that we have to appreciate our days.

Sheep

That's the Libra in you...born inquisitive, need to know both sides, die satisfied having learned the truth.

I can't verify the last bit, but I suspect there is some truth there Wink

Ugh true daddi-kins x.x .

Us Libras are just so danged Amazing but it can be annoying sometimes :p

Sylph Wrote:Ugh true daddi-kins x.x .

Us Libras are just so danged Amazing but it can be annoying sometimes :p

Youre just SO over-inflated of an all mighty high opinion of yourself, Im surprised you haven't exploded all over the damn place!!! Glitter and geri-curls all over.....

Rofl

Cups and other things "flying"=
Can be a variety of things that have to do with gravity, earths magnetism, axis tilt, wind factors, vibrations and earthquakes.....all sorts of stuff.
Simple kitchen appliances have been known to create magnetic conditions, or metal attracting metal. We live in a world that is pretty much covered by electronics, electric wires, and the air is saturated with all sorts of "waves" from all sorts of devices. Is it any wonder "weird" things dont happen more often because of this?

Just because you cant feel a lot of these things, doesnt mean they arent happening to your surroundings. The earth is constantly in motion, it never stops. The gravity between the earth and the moon have significant effects on each other, most of which scientists are still unaware of or can explain.

Just because somebody cant explain something, doesnt mean that it CANT be explained by someone else. And giving it any credence with superstitious mumbo jumbo only makes things worse for future generations.

Same goes for "ghosts" and goblins and other things that go "bump" in the night. If you WANT to see a ghost, you will force your brain to find some way to make one appear to your believablity. When someone conditions and trains their brains to their specifications, then they will see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear, and feel what they want to feel. And that goes for anything else too.

Sharing now in the wee hours, sorry if I ramble too much...I don't think I'll ever share if I don't now, however.

I knew a guy who had a near death experience when he was like 2-3. He saw spirits growing up and some family even said they thought he was psychic. A "make believe" friend even came to him about 10 years old (give or take) that he could only hear (but it was physical sound) and it freaked his mom out when the spirit told him his mom was listening to them talk at the door and he said out loud that his Mom wouldn't do that to open the door and find her there. Interesting enough, when he was awake the spirit "Timothy" (when he first asked the name it was something he couldn't pronounce so asked for another and said Timothy which he guesses was his recently reading Timothy in the Bible) sounded like an adult male but in his dreams (the only time he could see Timothy) he was a little boy (blond dressed in white) his own age who'd show him the future, like once took him to a line of cars and into a car that was so vivid he even got the smell and then his dad brought that exact car home later (he has no idea why Timothy showed him these things unless it was to prove to him once he was an adult that he was real). But one day Timothy went away from some reason and never came back...he was more baffled than anything on why he wasn't there anymore.

But when he was 14 he got caught in a large pool at a park which would generate artificial waves. He'd been active all day and swimming towards the deep end when the waves started up and he realized he was too weak to get himself out. He said he felt peace as he realized he was going to drown and just started to relax to let it happen (he was horribly abused at home which might've had something to do with it, but maybe it was he'd died and left his body before, too, even he's not sure) when he suddenly heard a man yelling at him and saw a blond lifeguard in white trunks yelling at him to come to him in authoritative tones. Being mentally tired and more a boy than a man he instinctively obeyed though it took all his effort. Once he got to the side of the pool and grabbed onto a step ladder he realized he'd just been saved from drowning and then realized no lifeguard was there! Furthermore, he shouldn't have been able to hear the lifeguard so clearly above all the noise. As he was blond in white he wonders if that was Timothy (who had gone away years earlier).

My personal theory was that because he'd died he'd opened up to the spirit world. That is, had he not electrocuted himself and left his body (btw, he saw things his mother did where it would've been impossible for him, too, so he knows it wasn't "just a dream") that he'd have never met Timothy...and he'd have drowned in that pool.

He thought that was a good theory as he remembered most shamans, that is the respected kind, often recovered from a near death experience before spirits came to them.

Anyway, just letting you know as I thought you might find it interesting.