Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December 21st, 2012.
The way I understood Mayan prophecy is it wasn't so much a prophecy as it was an awareness of a cycle. That is, every few thousand years (which they'd experienced before) great disasters befell (I know some were saying a planet was gonna collide with us or magnetic poles shift, as just a couple of examples what people feared). IOW, it wasn't thought to be a psychic vision but rather warning of a disaster that happened once and was thought to happen again which is why they stopped making their otherwise detailed calendar as the creators didn't see a point in continuing it past that.

And just in case anyone is confused, let me remind you that I wasn't worried, I'm just being pedantic. :tongue:

I'm still upright and vertical knock on wood.

It was more a transition than an end, I think. I think a lot of people made a lot of money off of it. I don't doubt that there might have been some mystic insight on their part centuries ago but if anything it would be a transition, not an ending. but what do I know, all this prefaced with IMHO. there have been records that the planet may have been visited by aliens in the past who predicted this... who might have had some some insight, but, no one can really predict the future...

there's too much free will involved. I've read the Tarot many times for many people and nothing can predict how an individual will react in any given situation. Too many variables.

People have free will. no one knows what the fate of the planet will be because people are unpredictable. no one knows what an individual will do until that individual makes his own choice in a given scenario.

What could be more American than to profit off of people's ignorance and fear.

[Image: 602963_452993104765555_702490413_n.jpg]

ETA: If you want to know more about the horror that is Australia then go here:

http://badassoftheweek.com/australia.html

I think I recall hearing something about the reason invading aliens always attack America or Japan first is because they know better than to go to Australia. :p

Pix Wrote:[Image: 602963_452993104765555_702490413_n.jpg]

ETA: If you want to know more about the horror that is Australia then go here:

http://badassoftheweek.com/australia.html

I think I recall hearing something about the reason invading aliens always attack America or Japan first is because they know better than to go to Australia. :p

well now pix, after reading that Australia goes to the very bottom of places I would like to visitScared

and speaking of Fred Phelps, I didn't remember who he was right away but after googling him it came back to me. however, what I didn't know was that he was a civil rights activist, I wonder what made him become so hateful.