Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December 21st, 2012.
Will the international date line make a difference to when the world will end? If so then I'm going first, I'll Facebook everybody and tell you if you need to bring an umbrella.

Well technically, leap years weren't calculated into the mayan calendar.. so we should have all been dead awhile ago.. but it's still fun to think about :p.

That said.. we have like two days until the zombie apocalypse!! :O.

In honor of the end of the Mayan calendar...

I think BBC News make's the best point on my behalf Wink

AMERICA

'Doomsday preppers' have fled to underground shelters - hotels and restaurant chains are also prepared.

T.G.I Friday's has an 'end of the world' special called "Last Friday" in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and Washington D.C.

The "End-of-the-World" Menu offers a Mayan Margarita, the Last First Bite appetizer, the Rib-Eye to End All Rib-Eyes entree and Final Countdown dessert.

BRITAIN

In Britain, of course, most people have kept calm - with the AA advising motorists to allow extra time for their journeys as the end of the world approaches.

SERBIA

Serbia
Hundreds of doomsday believers have flocked to a 'mystical' mountain in Serbia where an alien pyramid supposedly lies buried.

FRANCE

France
The village of Bugarach, in the foothills of the Pyrenees, has become a focus for Doomsday believers - some of whom think the village will be the only part of Earth to survive.

RUSSIA

Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov said on his website, ""People are buying candles saying the end of the world is coming. Does no one realise that once the end of the world comes, candles won't help them?"

CHINA

China
The ‘Mayan apocalypse’ poses a serious danger in China – where 100 believers have been arrested for spreading rumours about the ‘end’ this Friday.

The state-run Xinhua News Agency said police arrested 101 believers and confiscated leaflets, DVDs and other apocalyptic propaganda in eight provinces across the country.

Nearly half of those detained are reported to be members of the group Almighty God, which is also called Eastern Lightning.

So it seem's as usual, that we here in the UK have a little common sense Wink

Biglaugh As amusing as all of this is, I'm really concerned about some of the hysteria. It's as if some people have completely discarded rationality for the sake of being crazy. You can bet I'll be sleeping through the apocalypse.

Eh... Don't forget that out caIendar ends EVERY YEAR... That doesn't it mean that the worId is ending?
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I predict the world will ind in 4412, someone e-mail me if it happens, jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD....

That is all

well if i lived through june 6th 2006. I think I'm fine.

Okay twenty minutes left till I die.

I guess I'll go piss about on the internet some more.