Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decided to stop lurking..for now.
"Hey Harley you have been a member for 153 days now. I really hope you are enjoying using the site! I notice you haven't posted anything yet however. Please note that the system automatically deletes zero-posters from time to time. To avoid this please start posting soon. Click on this message bar if you wish to make a new post in the 'Introduce Yourself' section..."

Hello, everyone.

I've been lurking on these forums for about half a year now, and with the risk of this account being deleted, I decided that it was time to say something about myself to anyone who wanted to listen.

I'm an almost graduated senior at a relatively small highschool in the USA. I have never had a relationship worth mentioning, and I've got one foot in the doorway of "closet". I've told a few of my closest, most important friends about what, and who, I think I am. I have told my mother, and she's pretty cool about it, but I haven't told my father. He isn't the type to accept this sort of thing from his son.

I try not to be that open with anyone, as I'm pretty afraid of someone finding an account like this and linking it to me, but through this post, I guess I'm starting to take down the barriers, as I approach the issue of letting people know about who I am, by making it ,Facebook Official.

Also, I'm pretty horrible at introductions, so go easy on me, please? Xyxwave

Hi Harley! Confusedmile:
Lurking is only good for cats and aquarium fish! lol You have to speak up to be heard and I am a firm believer that everyone has a right to their own voice. Even if they are idiots! :biggrin: Welcome to the Forum!

Hi and Welcome Confusedmile:

Hi,

Welcome to GS. If you've told a few close friends and your mother I'd say you've got more than a foot in the doorway towards coming out fully.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Hello and welcome Smile

Hello and welcome! :]

Welcome Harley! Looks like you are making a lot of big steps soon... coming out a bit more, graduating I assume, etc. Good luck with it all!

I’m on the same boat as you. This is the first gay forum, I have ever joined. The reason was very similar to your, I’m afraid of someone finding this account and relate back me. I haven’t come out to anyone yet, because most of my mates are straight male (I’m from Boys school in Australia). Now I’m doin 2nd year in Uni, and I cannot lie any more. So I take the first step here. BTW welcome n goodluck Confusedmile:

Hello there,
Welcome to the forum... Dont worry we are a pretty friendly community here with a family kinda spirit and if ya ever need advice coming out you can get it right here.. Loads of us have come out to people me included and trust me after a while it is really easy to do however there are alot of people here who havent and wait for the right time... When the moment is right your set yourself on a freedom road

Kindest regards

zeon x

Hi and welcome,

It 's the first gay forum I have ever joined too. I was afraid someone is going to find out. (and indeed my best friend did find out). Then I realize that why should I lie and hide? If someone finds out and they can't take me for who I am then it 's certainly their lost.

Everyone has a story, I hope we can hear your story soon.Big Grin