Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deciding. Or do I even Have to?
So I previously posted my dilema over a rather cute man who finds me adorable and makes me feel absolutely amazing even if he is a full 8 years older then me. But as Intent as I was on making a romantic move on him.......well I met someone else. I went out to my usual clubbing spot where I found this guy who I noticed the minute I walked in. I thought he was without a doubt the cutest thing i had ever seen. So I went out to the smoking section where I just so happened to meet him there. I talked him up a bit, Offered a dance which he happily obliged, When he got tired I bought him a water and He gave me a sweet kiss on the cheek, and at the end of the night he gave me info for his facebook.
Now firstly im just throwing out there that I am in no way madly in love with this guy :\ Hes cute and all but hes got a bf and I would probly go out with him if he asked but im not persuing it aggressively. That being said last night I went there. I flirted and danced and Even after learning of his relationship I still obliged him. But today I saw the Other guy from my previous thread and once again he made me feel so special.
I feel terrible. I now aperently have 2 guys im interested in. and One is older and I am unsure wether He is interested. the second is cute and loveable and toatally taken. So Is there even a choice here? Do I pursue both and see which one works? Its the only logical thing to do but I feel so guilty about it. WTF

Honestly, if he is cheating on his boyfriend he will do the same for you. What are you looking for? sex only? then the question is irrelevant, because "both" is an option. However, if you want something long term I wouldnt bother with the person in a relationship. I cant say anything about the other person, because I dont know how old you are. An 8 year difference is going to matter a lot more when youre 16 than when youre 30.

edit: i see you are 22. I dont think that is going to be a huge difference, but you must be aware of the fact that your life experiences and where you are in life are almost a decade apart. Besides that, I dont see an issue. Go for it Smile

I say keep your options open, and be friends with both. Find out more about the guy that is taken... is he happy in his sitation? You don't want to be the wedge if he is; rebounds can be tricky... but if he's not happy it could lead to good things. Does he do open relationships? Might be fun for a fling that isn't cheating on his boyfriend if the b/f knows, but no real long-term potential there. So friend it up. As for the other guy, eight years is not a big difference in my mind. Does he think it is? Is he aware at all that you like him? At least this guy is not taken. I would lean towards him for anything long-term, but who knows... maybe a third guy will enter and be even more right for you Smile

I can honestly say that if a third guy entered the fray I would be a wreck trying to balance my head haha. The reason why i think this other guy is even an option is because the way he talked about his boy friend made it seem as if he wasnt even invested in that relationship. so I might be the dirty mistress king. But Im not about to come between them. But I wont stop him from what ever he will do with his bf.

As for the older man the only real problem I have is that he lives an hour away. so its really hard to build on to him with only texting.

To me an hour doesn't seem like too much, but maybe that's because I'm in the middle of nowhere Smile Still, any chance one of you might relocate - is that an option if things become more serious for either of you? As for the other guy... perhaps he's not happy. In which case, being his friend might end up having some benefits... but also tricky stuff if he asks for advice. "Man, that guy... I know you guys have been together but he just doesn't seem worthy to be with you." Just depends how evil you want to be lol. Nah seriously though... friends with the taken guy is good and let things take their course. Smile