Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depressed and not sure why...
Geminize Wrote:Really?!

Let your mother and sister come to your rescue. Just draw some boundaries if you need them to leave. Unless you have a stressful relationship with them, I don't see the problem.

Sorry, yes that does sound a little negative, though you answered your own question. I have been playing peace keeper between my parents since their separation.

I refuse to draw boundaries, it upsets everyone and I won’t do that. Ever.

Sounds like it could be a bit of the appropriately named SAD! Seasonal Affective Disorder - I know the feelings only too well. The winters in the UK in recent years (and other parts of Western Europe less used to this weather) have resulted in an increase of this over here. Its all to do with an absence of light. I've just come back from Stockholm, its meant to be really bad there. This could be wrong but around 80% of citizens in Stockholm and other parts of Sweden suffer from minor SAD.

Its not serious. And if it is that it will dissipate once Spring comes round. You just need to hang in there. Its not easy I know. We're not like hairy German Shepherd dogs who are bred for this climate and who are constantly happy no matter the weather (I know because my family have one!). Being active helps, being distracted also helps a lot. Trying to keep yourself busy will take your mind of it. Unfortunately the stress in life, money worries, etc. doesn't help a bit and these can be harder to escape from. But keep at it.

Sorry to hear about the family. We've all had it at one time or another and with so many separations and divorces these days its all too common.