Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression or when it gets too far
BPD is borderline personality disorder, which has similar characteristics to bipolar disorder but is a different disease altogether. Any mental disorder can be very tricky and difficult. I know I've had flare ups for a long time, and this is the first time I'm actually getting help. As it is the help has been going on for a little over 2 weeks which is nothing in terms of treatment time, but it feels like forever.

Anonymous Wrote:I know I've had flare ups

[Image: 8384b5aee0c2943664d143cc999b6ab1.jpg]

Ewww!

On a serious note..

I'm glad you're getting help ..

Keep us posted.

Thanks, I'm just at a really low point in my life, but everyone keeps telling me I have a lot to look forward to so I just need to believe that. I "dropped out" of a doctoral program with a masters so I should still have a good job prospect in theory.

metalmikey Wrote:My sister always says this exact thing! And I don't think it awful her saying that. They have a way out. Bipolar you don't, its a constant threat, and not understood nor the sympathy given to those who have the likes of cancer.

BPD is very hard to treat, it also affects more than just mood, i agree though that people seem to belittle mental health and say you need a kick up the arse or say take a walk down a cancer ward and you will know what ill is etc in reality on the physical level there are worse things than cancer so i dont even know why that gets all the "fame" it does to the effect others with illnesses lose out more.

Yes, have battled depression for years. Have fought the inner critic when he keeps yelling at me I'm no good.

Learn which voices are your inner critic and ignore them. Tell them to go fuck off, you have better things to think of.

Boaxy Wrote:However I do get upset and deal with it in dangerous ways. For example I'll give people I don't like evil
looks.

Or you could be a hypocrite?

Boaxy Wrote:I'll prove points.

Kinda the idea of a point?
Proving it?

Boaxy Wrote:I'll crossdress, I'll smoke and drink.
All that is really your business..
Your choices..
More power to you...

No disrespect...

Everything you posted above...
If ya don't really think think about it...

It makes perfect sense.

You are a D minus troll at best.

I was depressed and had suicidal thoughts for about 6 years, tried allot of thing, pills, profesionals ect but so far the only thing that helps is my dog, since I have my dog I Do not have suicidal thoughts anymore and am not depressed either, so if possible try something with animals see if cheers you up as it definitely helped me

The shock when you realised you have made so many mistakes and cannot move on or unmake them, you ruined things that you cannot go back on. Forever carrying that baggage, with the fact you have not manage to change yet others have moved on and you have lost them. Depression grips and somehow wont let go along with all your other issues.

Anonymous Wrote:The shock when you realised you have made so many mistakes and cannot move on or unmake them, you ruined things that you cannot go back on. Forever carrying that baggage, with the fact you have not manage to change yet others have moved on and you have lost them. Depression grips and somehow wont let go along with all your other issues.

That's part of it, there's also shame generally low energy, no desire to do anything, etc etc. Today's not a good day for me, I had a fairly good week, but almost always after I have a good day I just crash the next day.

I feel like crying at the moment because of a few reasons, i feel anxious too and i'm tired of my life.