Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derek made me cry
Derek is a new NetFlix TV show, produced in Britain by Channel 4.

Ricky Gervais is known for his comedy and soft-hearted romantic wit.

Derek is written, directed, and co-produced by Ricky Gervais.

[Image: derek2-214x300.png]

There are only 7 episodes for series 1, there is a second series planned.

Very human, very quirky, very emotional. I think I used up a whole box of tissues watching this series.

This is one show that cannot be rated, because there isnt any rating that would be sufficient for this. They say the best drama's and comedies come from life itself. Ricky Gervais apparently knows this, since he has put them all together into something so fabulous, there just arent any words to describe it.

You have to watch it.

Mister Tinkles commands this.
(pretty please)
Malelovies

Haha Mrtinks I blubbered on the final episode, its a really sweet show, I thought about telling you once as I knew you like a britcom, yeah I loved it too :p

tavi Wrote:Haha Mrtinks I blubbered on the final episode, its a really sweet show, I thought about telling you once as I knew you like a britcom, yeah I loved it too :p

I know!!!

I felt so sad for Kev. He is really a nice guy, he's just too afraid to show it, so he's a jerk all the time. I guess he's afraid someone will really like him.

I knew Dougie is another Derek. He just likes to moan about it....but he always does the right thing.

It was on a while ago here, oh yes Dougie, he was good, I recognise all the characters in it, like you say Ricky has a really good eye for life and the comedy is in there and its hard to rate or categorise, one of the best things Ricky done, really gentle, not-cynical, im pleased you liked it, I almost made a thread once too, its definitely worth seeing for those who haven't and similar to Ricky's other stuff but very much stands alone, I love how he plays Derek with all the little nuances, if thats the correct word. Its a little sombre & bleak in places isnt it? But then very funny & sweet.

the episode where the girl comes in to do her community service , then decides to stay and work there voluntarily because she loves it (and because people are genuinely nice to her for the first time ever) makes me cry

and so does pretty much every other episode . omg it's such a good series ...

Sorry but when I see the name Ricky Gervais, I run a mile. For me he just isn't funny. He's an acquired taste I suppose.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Sorry but when I see the name Ricky Gervais, I run a mile. For me he just isn't funny. He's an acquired taste I suppose.

"derek" is possibly the most un-ricky gervais style series you could think of

megumidesu Wrote:"derek" is possibly the most un-ricky gervais style series you could think of

But I saw "Ricky Gervais" and ran. Is it still showing on C4.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:But I saw "Ricky Gervais" and ran. Is it still showing on C4.

it might be on 4OD ...

tbh when i watched it i completely forgot that it was ricky gervais i was watching .

MisterTinkles Wrote:Derek is a new NetFlix TV show, produced in Britain by Channel 4.

Ricky Gervais is known for his comedy and soft-hearted romantic wit.

Derek is written, directed, and co-produced by Ricky Gervais.

[Image: derek2-214x300.png]

There are only 7 episodes for series 1, there is a second series planned.

Very human, very quirky, very emotional. I think I used up a whole box of tissues watching this series.

This is one show that cannot be rated, because there isnt any rating that would be sufficient for this. They say the best drama's and comedies come from life itself. Ricky Gervais apparently knows this, since he has put them all together into something so fabulous, there just arent any words to describe it.

You have to watch it.

Mister Tinkles commands this.
(pretty please)
Malelovies

"Tissues"?

"Heartfelt"?

"Romantic"?

Careful with those words, Tink, someone might mistake you for a human.