Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desensitization through Mastubation
Hey all,

This is kind of a half-question/half-discussion thread. There was a topic in which a teenager was asking about masturbation and privacy and Bowyn Aerrow mentioned something very interesting that I never even thought of -- that too much masturbation can actually desensitize your penis for actual sex (be it oral, anal, vaginal, etc.)

Now... the question part of this topic would be as follows: I take antipsychotic/anti-depressant medication for my Bipolar Disorder. My newest antipsychotic, Lithium, is supposed to lower your sex drive, but instead has made mine higher. I masturbate anywhere from two to three times a day -- which is a bit much considering that when I'm not hypersexual and/or oversexed, I usually masturbate once a day. (There was a point back in late 2011 where I was doing it five/six times a day, then a six-month interval on another medication where I would masturbate about... once per month. I had no interest in sex at all.)

So... my question is: do any of you have the same problem as me in regards to medication/sex drive, and if so, is there any way I can lessen it? I mean, I don't have a boyfriend as of now, but there's a possibility of a relationship flowering here in the near future and I would like to possibly get this under control before that happens.

Thoughts? Opinions? Advice?

BeautifulBlue Wrote:... too much masturbation can actually desensitize your penis for actual sex ...
nope dont think this will happen. enjoy.

we are a chemical, physical and emotional being. All of this should be in a balance that is unique to you. Be concerned that the whole package is working for you and for that boyfriend.

get consistent medical care. Its important to get a idea on the emotional side of things as well as the chemical. communicate all your issues to your doctor, i know there is one in all this. If he is not working find another, they grow on trees actually.

I have the same issue with sex drive with my diabetes. Some of the meds I've been on for that, and other medical issues, have actually "killed" my sex drive in the past. But I spoke with my doctor about it and we changed up meds and that helped!

I would say a bit more Desensitization can bring more joy to you because you have much more time ..... and don´t think about "ifs"and "when´s" that make more psychical desensitization as every pill.
This is like the cut or uncut-question... if we are more desensitised with or without this bit skin ... with we need 3,5 minutes without we need 4 minutes :redface: *G not a big problem....

pellaz Wrote:If he is not working find another, they grow on trees actually.

I'm actually concerned that my GP is trying to fuck me over and basically just wants to suck money out of me. The lab called me and told me that I needed to get in ASAP for a consultation and I called to schedule one and the front desk was told by the doctor that my 'August 21rst appointment was fine.' Added to the fact that my GP doesn't know how to read Lithium levels (only a psychiatrist does) and I'm wondering if they're just trying to suck me dry.

I am 66. I can't even guess how many orgasms I've had. Certainly 50,000. Recently my doctor gave me my annual check up. I still have the hormonal and prostate health of a teenager. Everything still works. I did one thing I was very proud of. By 15 I was an expert on how the male body reacts to sex by reading a lot of medical books. I have read almost as many books as I have had orgasms. Books have a definite sex appeal to me along with the one guy I made love to throughout my life. My guy, Tom, was as well read as me.

Neither of us used any drugs or alcohol. We liked having dangerous sex. He had just arrived in NYC from Iowa on 6/21/68. I told him guys liked having dangerous sex in NYC, not normal sex like in Iowa. Tom wanted to see the skyline of NYC from different points of view. I suggested various things he might like to see. I told him I lived by the George Washington Bridge. He wanted to see it. So I took him to the bridge the following day. The north walkway was open, so we snuck onto the south walkway which was closed. We had the pedestrian walk to ourselves. So I fucked Tom near the first tower on the NY side. Tom was excited that cars driving by saw us fucking. We walked across the bridge to NJ in the nude. Tom found that exciting. At the line separating NY from NJ, I fucked Tom swaying back and forth so we could fuck in 2 states at the same time. We were always cold sober but dangerous sex requires exhibitionist tendencies. We sure liked to be seen fucking in weird places. I get a hardon thinking about every place in NYC. We didn't miss to many spots. Subway, museum and park fucking were excellent locations.
Tom liked the fact that I had the worst temper in the world when people even sneered at him. He felt completely safe when I was fucking him, anytime, anyplace. We were well educated guys with high IQs and we believed that not many people had seen 2 guys fucking in public places. We felt we were educating people to the joys of male sex.
Dangerous sex feels really great. I was a well trained marine and knew how to throw a punch and enjoy it. I knew how to fuck Tom and enjoy it. We had memorable sex on 4 continents and about 40 American cities. You need to have good ears, good eyesight and good instincts. We were never arrested but we hope we entertained some people who saw us having sex.

Trust me, we were never depressed, jut oversexed and very horny. I liked the fact that I could maintain an erection under almost any conditions. Neither snow, rain, sleet or dark of night kept me from fucking Tom. Hang out by a marine base and look for a guy who likes guys.

I use to masturbate everyday then I was put on anti-psychotics for my schizophrenia and anti-depressants and than I started masturbating like once or twice every 2 - 3 weeks so it killed my sex drive.

BeautifulBlue Wrote:Hey all,

This is kind of a half-question/half-discussion thread. There was a topic in which a teenager was asking about masturbation and privacy and Bowyn Aerrow mentioned something very interesting that I never even thought of -- that too much masturbation can actually desensitize your penis for actual sex (be it oral, anal, vaginal, etc.)

Now... the question part of this topic would be as follows: I take antipsychotic/anti-depressant medication for my Bipolar Disorder. My newest antipsychotic, Lithium, is supposed to lower your sex drive, but instead has made mine higher. I masturbate anywhere from two to three times a day -- which is a bit much considering that when I'm not hypersexual and/or oversexed, I usually masturbate once a day. (There was a point back in late 2011 where I was doing it five/six times a day, then a six-month interval on another medication where I would masturbate about... once per month. I had no interest in sex at all.)

So... my question is: do any of you have the same problem as me in regards to medication/sex drive, and if so, is there any way I can lessen it? I mean, I don't have a boyfriend as of now, but there's a possibility of a relationship flowering here in the near future and I would like to possibly get this under control before that happens.

Thoughts? Opinions? Advice?

First, I have NOT read BA comments in the other thread. So...I'm not exactly trying to be contradictory here.

But I do have a problem with the word "desensitization" of the penis.

In my experience (I was a 35 y/o virgin and only masturbated until that age), the problem was that I "trained" my penis (actually brain) to only climax from MANUAL stimulation.

In other words, when I was with women, I had a difficult time achieving an orgasm vaginally....and later with men I noticed the same thing anally.

I had to retrain my penis (brain) in order to climax from something other than my tightly clenched fist, which, let's be honest, is quite a different sensation than both vaginas and anuses.

More to the point, your penis is JUST AS SENSITIVE after a lot of masturbation, BUT THE RISK is conditioning it to respond better to your hand than to other forms of stimulation.

Much better to explore to the whole gamut of sexual sensations than to have one form or method or style dominate your experiences.

Good luck.
Smile

LateBloomer is right. Dan Savage has mentioned the "death grip" phenomenon before in his articles, and I think it's true.

I have.....issues.....climaxing with a partner sometimes, but I think it's more of a mental thing, though. I think how and what we masturbate to *absolutely* influences our responsive when with a partner.

I always figured it'd be like the opposite. After you have sex it's harder to orgasm through masturbation since you have then experienced how much better it is with another person.