• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Develop your muscles while on GS
http://thehealthsciencesacademy.org/heal...ght-alone/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

[Image: kegels-for-men-too.png]

LONDONER Wrote:http://thehealthsciencesacademy.org/heal...ght-alone/

This was really interesting.

That type of visualization technique can really be used in a wide range of ways.

I've read about it in books of a spiritual nature.

In those books, you basically imagine an outcome you want and feed it positive energy. You mentally think and feel like you have or have accomplished whatever the particular desire is. You don't wish for it...you think how it feels to already have achieved it.

That positive energy draws the outcome to you.

It sounds a bit out there I suppose, but it makes some sense as well. In Buddhism having the right thoughts, actions, and deeds keeps you spiritually grounded. It reduces suffering and puts you on a positive path.

This seems to fall into that line of thinking. Thoughts are energy, your thoughts (cause) will play a role in the outcome (effect).

If you think about people you know, this is easy to see if you look.

The positive guy, always seems to be in a good mood, always has an optomistic view of things to come, when you're near people like this you feel elevated. Even if you were in a down mood, being around these kind of people seem to pull you up. It always seems that good things seem to happen to these people. And when things go wrong, which is part of life, they don't get dragged down. They accept it, and move on, leaving it in the past.

Then you have the negative guy. Before you see them you know something will be wrong. They jump from problem to problem. They expect bad things to happen and can give you a bunch or reasons why they feel this way. In their presence you feel pulled down. When they have a problem and overcome it, they seem to be drawn right back into another situation that's hardly different.

Unhappiness isn't the result of events. It's the result of how we think, feel, and act in the face of events.

If you can't imagine yourself ever being happy...chances are you won't. This can apply to many other things in your life as well.

reaper Wrote:This was really interesting.

That type of visualization technique can really be used in a wide range of ways.

In those books, you basically imagine an outcome you want and feed it positive energy. You mentally think and feel like you have or have accomplished whatever the particular desire is. You don't wish for it...you think how it feels to already have achieved it.

It sounds a bit out there I suppose, but it makes some sense as well. In Buddhism having the right thoughts, actions, and deeds keeps you spiritually grounded. It reduces suffering and puts you on a positive path.

This seems to fall into that line of thinking. Thoughts are energy, your thoughts (cause) will play a role in the outcome (effect).

The positive guy, always seems to be in a good mood, always has an optomistic view of things to come, when you're near people like this you feel elevated. Even if you were in a down mood, being around these kind of people seem to pull you up. It always seems that good things seem to happen to these people. And when things go wrong, which is part of life, they don't get dragged down. They accept it, and move on, leaving it in the past.

Then you have the negative guy. Before you see them you know something will be wrong. They jump from problem to problem. They expect bad things to happen and can give you a bunch or reasons why they feel this way. In their presence you feel pulled down. When they have a problem and overcome it, they seem to be drawn right back into another situation that's hardly different.

Unhappiness isn't the result of events. It's the result of how we think, feel, and act in the face of events.

If you can't imagine yourself ever being happy...chances are you won't. This can apply to many other things in your life as well.

OMG you do own a shirt! My that is a bet I lost.

(Noting your new avatar)

LONDONER Wrote:http://thehealthsciencesacademy.org/heal...ght-alone/

I read this. Very cool. Thank you for sharing it! I am going to have to try these techniques in my own life. Lord knows I need to make some changes.

reaper Wrote:This was really interesting.

You make some fascinating points here, man. You sound like an expert at this. I've always believed that if we try to imagine more positive outcomes in our life then they are more likely to come true. But this idea of visualization, and spirituality in general, really intrigues me. Thanks for all your awesome thoughts!