Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devo Devo'd
Those of you who remember the iconic band of the 180's MTV Era Devo with their memorable and catchy 'Whip It', One of the founding members of the band, Bob Casale, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly at age 61 from heart failure over night.

Devo survived the 1980's to maintain a cult following. They split up in 1991 and reformed in 1996 and continued touring with their mixture of new wave, electronica and punk music and recorded the last of their 9 albums in 2010.

RIP

they were classic 80s

RIP

Never heard of him but loved this.

Whip it!!!!

Whip it good!!!!

THE original 'nerd' band!!!!

Cheeze and crackers!!!!!

You KNOW you are old, when the music makers you grew up on are passing away "right and left"!!!!
Geez, I feel decrepit.

bugger,,, when I was a bit younger I never new anyone that I admired musically die ,, now im older every ones popping their clogs ,,happy mr t put whip it up ,, its a good song for all listeners to appreciate

im a subscriber to classic rock mag.. they have a section for artists that passed away,, well everyone really involved in the music process..i hate that drop in my mood when I read a name I admire ,,,,I guess ive got a heads up for next months issue.. another loss

And listening back to their body of works and knowing that the anticipation of something new that you always experienced when listening to their music has 'vanished...and was gone'