Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dharun Ravi found guilty
conviction today for hate crimes, involved in bullying of a gay youth

[Image: ravi__oPt.jpg]

pellaz Wrote:conviction today for hate crimes, involved in bullying of a gay youth

[Image: ravi__oPt.jpg]

Lol, that picture makes him look demonic :p .

I saw that about 2hrs ago, but he wasn't charged on the main issue as guilty; namely Bias Intimidation. He was only charged on Invasion of Privacy, the second big issue.

He has the possibility of being deported to India, which is good, but I think he should've been charged guilty for Bias Intimidation, as that's obviously what it was, no matter what he or his friends say.

If you are straight and record a gay man in his intimate moments, then that's a Bias right there and though he wasn't trying to intimidate Tyler, he did it anyway and that's probably why Tyler got upset, because he was going to show the whole school, which in and of itself is extremely intimidating.

India, though a beautiful country, does not easily accept homosexuality and would probably give him a pat on the back or thank him. They aren't as bad as the Iranians/Afghanistan, but they are pretty close. I heard there's a death penalty if you are gay in India or certain parts. Even though, about a year or two ago, a gay prince or a royal came on Opera to talk about being gay in India.

Sucks growing up in times like these, but atleast theres more progession than 100years ago, heck, even 50 years ago.

R.I.P Tyler Smile Beautiful Person & Violinist Kiss3 .

That there is the devil in a Sunday suit.
I hope he never makes it back to India.

to be honest mum india would be the best place for him as authorties then know least where he is

Sucks growing up in times like these, but atleast theres more progession than 100years ago, heck, even 50 years ago.
It is getting better QueenOdi, many more are acceptable to gay ideas, now if we could take the pain of being gay that many young people have I would be much happier, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

initially; didnt the prosecution offer him no jail time but like 6mo community service. He elected to plead not guilty. He hasnt been sentenced, wonder if he will get jail time.

Damn it- I thought he was found guilty on the most serious charge. My friend knows people who knew Clementi, she says they say he was extremely shy, or as she puts it had "social phobia", she's a psych. major. Watch as he only gets a few years in prison, if that. Even if it was straight sex he was filming it's still invasion of privacy, add the gay angle and it's bias intimidation. He says he was just "watching his stuff".
The weird part is Clementi's own parents are asking that Ravi gets a light sentence.

The sentencing is up to ten years in prison with the possibility of deportation, but that is if they reach the same verdict on appeal. Many lawyers are saying that that is not likely because the case may not meet the criteria intended by hate crimes legislation.

When I read what he did it so saddens me to think someone could be so cruel and spiteful and to be honest so downright ridden with hatred that he should have done such a thing, he deserves to be locked up until he's a very old man...

I think that this Dharun Ravi get into jail is not important.... he is to stupid to learn or understand what he has done. Important is that the people and the court showed him and all other ignorant, malignant, stupid and homophobic idiots that there is a border and that there is no place for hate.