Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unattached parents
JisthenewK Wrote:Is it possible for a mother or father to not love or become attached to their biological child? I mean no love or care at all? I am not talking about a sperm donor father or a parent who barely knows their kid (abandoned). I mean just parents, can they NOT love their kids at all, even right after they are born?:confused:

I believe so become that is how my parents are.

well my dad goes here Big Grin
only calls when he is desperate and needs money so...

Yes, very possible, it's one of the attachment disorders, and failure to bond can cause a lot of attachment issues for the child.

Some 'light' reading on the topic. - Please note the sarcasm here.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/eqa_attachment_bond.htm

The results of failure to attach by a parent can be devastating for the child, for his or her entire life. Yes such a child can overcome a lot of the effects, but it is anything but easy and, some elements of it will always remain.

A parent can also exhibit multiple attachment failures and, yes the child suffers the aftermath of all of them.

It is possible, and it happens often.

my biological mom doesn't love / care about me so ... yeah it's possible

Obviously that's not a serious question....

If you look around or just read the news....there's a ton of people who were never loved from conception.

Mistakes happen and babies are born(enough said).

Some people should never have children, and it's unfortunate that laws don't enforce such measures from ever taking place.

That's why I'm a firm believer in abortion and sterilization.

Yes, we all deserve the chance to lead healthy and happy lives once we're born, but if you could stop the cycle of misery from the get-go, we should start with abortion.