Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I say it too soon?
Hello everyone,

So I have been dating this guy for three months now. He is just great and I love everything about him. It's a LDR and we meet almost every weekend. He texts me everyday flirting and saying how much he misses me and can't wait till the weekend to see me. When we're together we're just so happy.

Last weekend after an amazing night together, I said "I've been waiting for the right moment, you don't have to say anything now but I want you to know how I feel. I love you"

He took me in his arms and said that I mean a lot to him and me being in his life is the best thing ever happened to him. BUT he didn't say I love you back.

Did I say it too soon? Is he not sure about me or does he just need some time?

Anonymous Wrote:Hello everyone,

So I have been dating this guy for three months now. He is just great and I love everything about him. It's a LDR and we meet almost every weekend. He texts me everyday flirting and saying how much he misses me and can't wait till the weekend to see me. When we're together we're just so happy.

Last weekend after an amazing night together, I said "I've been waiting for the right moment, you don't have to say anything now but I want you to know how I feel. I love you"

He took me in his arms and said that I mean a lot to him and me being in his life is the best thing ever happened to him. BUT he didn't say I love you back.

Did I say it too soon? Is he not sure about me or does he just need some time?

I think you could always ask him if he loves you and tell him how you feel about you two being together and stuff. Confusedmile:
I dont think its to early to say i love you to someone after 3 months, you was being honest, just ask him next time you see him, just dont worry to much and you will be fine.

see if you can be with him on weekdays too, go on car trip.
i hung out with a straight friend almost every weekend all summer last. he is still just my straight friend.

i dont doubt your love but people fall in love at their own schedule. dont be disappointed if he is not on time with your thoughts.

" me being in his life is the best thing ever happened to him."
i think he loves you

Braz Wrote:I think you could always ask him if he loves you and tell him how you feel about you two being together and stuff. Confusedmile:
I dont think its to early to say i love you to someone after 3 months, you was being honest, just ask him next time you see him, just dont worry to much and you will be fine.

I dont know it's just I think I'd get too nervous trying to ask him something like that

pellaz Wrote:see if you can be with him on weekdays too, go on car trip.
i hung out with a straight friend almost every weekend all summer last. he is still just my straight friend.

i dont doubt your love but people fall in love at their own schedule. dont be disappointed if he is not on time with your thoughts.

" me being in his life is the best thing ever happened to him."
i think he loves you

I keep thinking the same thing, he says sweet things like this all the time. It's just he's not very open about his emotions so I wasnt sure

Funny thing that I never really understood was why it is so often expected to say "I love you too" as a response. I refuse to bow to pressure like that if I don't feel it.

You tell him how you feel. Hopefully he feels nice about it. If he's polite he'll thank you. When he feels ready he'll tell you how he feels.

It took me many more months than three to be able to tell that to my partner. When I say it, though, I think he appreciates how sincere I am.

Some people may take more time to say it, and past experiences can play a part. Don't focus on the fact that he didn't say those three little words - focus on his reaction, which to me sounds good! He didn't seem to have any problem with it, and said you were the best thing to happen to him! So even if he can't say it yet, he seems to be on his way. Cherish what you have - it's good, and even if you said it first, it does not sound like it was too soon.

Well, sometimes people have a hard time opening up about their own feelings, especially such an intimate feeling as love. Some people have a hard time understanding their own feelings too.

If you do love him, then I don't think it is too soon at all to tell him that you love him. You may have to wait to hear the words said back to you, but you were being honest about how you felt, and that is never a bad thing. Don't second guess yourself.

Anonymous Wrote:I dont know it's just I think I'd get too nervous trying to ask him something like that

I keep thinking the same thing, he says sweet things like this all the time. It's just he's not very open about his emotions so I wasnt sure

I think if your nervous then try and over come it coz you will feel better in asking then not saying anything. Confusedmile:

I wouldn't suggest putting pressure on them by asking. They might just tell you what you want to hear so they don't hurt you -- and if they like you, they may do just that instead of being honest. Let them come into it on their own and give them space and time to say the words. Nothing is more awesome than hearing them finally say it, and knowing it was said of their own free will, without coercion. Then you know they mean it.

And it sounds like you got a pretty positive response when you told them. It could have gone badly. This guy likes you (high five!). You should celebrate that and let the rest happen at its own pace! Smile

Just my opinion. Might be bad advice. I've only had 3 relationships in my life.

Its kind of hard for some people to fully express themselves. I struggle with that myself. I feel extremely strong feelings for a person, but instead of admitting it i just pretend like its no big deal. Maybe he just needs more time to become comfortable enough to respond with "I love you too".