Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did a ghost wake me up?
This is so serious guys. Not even joking. Well I'm off my ad for a few days now. I have W/D symptoms. Especially insomnia.

Anyways, I fell asleep about 2 hours ago. And an hour into my sleep I felt some pressure in my dream and thought it was a ghost and install the went to yell for my dad. Right before I yelled I woke up in real life and I still could feel the pressure all over my body (giving me the chills just writing this). I'm freaking out like crazy now. I'm so worried it was a ghost. This is gonna be an obsession now. I refuse to go back to sleep.

Help me please I need a logical explanation I'm bugging out ugh.

I get that when I have dreams.

You might just be having vivid dreams. I can always physically feel my dreams a few seconds after I wake up.

Could it be a withdrawal side effect of being off your anti-depressants?

If not, there's always Ghostbusters.

Well, it COULD be a ghost, but let's not jump to conclusions. You have problems with insomnia, and you just stopped taking a certain medication? You'd be surprised what your body can do, especially in those moments when you're between sleep and consciousness.

And take it from someone who lives in a haunted house, more times than not, it's the living that you should fear more than the dead.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/gui...-paralysis

You'll probably find this of help. This is an article about sleep paralysis, which is a harmless condition that can be related to what you were describing.

"Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking."

Bluelight Wrote:Well, it COULD be a ghost, but let's not jump to conclusions. You have problems with insomnia, and you just stopped taking a certain medication? You'd be surprised what your body can do, especially in those moments when you're between sleep and consciousness.

And take it from someone who lives in a haunted house, more times than not, it's the living that you should fear more than the dead.

dude what if it was a ghost omfg

I refuse to go back to sleep. it has been 24 hours with 1 hour of sleep so far. and im planing on staying up all day

findingmyway Wrote:Could it be a withdrawal side effect of being off your anti-depressants?

If not, there's always Ghostbusters.

Yes it is a side effect. but idk about the whole pressure thing.

also, can u call ghostbuster. thx

Kackerlacka Wrote:[...] Right before I yelled I woke up in real life and I still could feel the pressure all over my body (giving me the chills just writing this). [...]

This never happened to me but I believe in the afterlife and paranormal activity. I'm not saying this is the case here but it is a possibility.

I don't want to scare you or upset you but there are countless cases similar to yours.

This also happened in the infamous Amityville case - the feeling of pressure and paralysis.

It could well be some sort of medical condition or side effect, though. Try to exclude any possible medical cause first before jumping into conclusions.

(In any case, a prayer before going to sleep never hurt anyone)

It might be a ghost but nothing to worry about, it might just of been a really vivid dream that stayed with you, i,ve had similiar things, one time i had my name whispered right in my ear, i always thought its best to ignore it, not let them be aware your aware lol……… BOO!