Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did a ghost wake me up?
guys, i am not faling asleep tonight. im gunna get ray uns that kill ghosts off of amazon(jk lol) but seriously. im freakd out omfg. omfg. omfg. i freak at every noise in my house now

Sweetie, just relax. Even if this is some dark entity (extremely unlikely!), the power of light is infinitely stronger - believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

I also have terrible dreams sometimes. A former student of mine still gives me nightmares today - and I had her 4 years ago!

Bluelight Wrote:http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/gui...-paralysis

You'll probably find this of help. This is an article about sleep paralysis, which is a harmless condition that can be related to what you were describing.

"Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious but unable to move. It occurs when a person passes between stages of wakefulness and sleep. During these transitions, you may be unable to move or speak for a few seconds up to a few minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking."

I had no idea this was a "condition"!!! Wow, I have had this a few times in my life!!

Kackerlacka Wrote:Yes it is a side effect. but idk about the whole pressure thing.

The "pressure" you feel is an after effect of the stimulus in your dream. While you were dreaming, your body was reacting to the stimulus in your dream.

Example:
In one of my past dreams, I was running out of air and started gasping. That woke me up....and when I woke up, I was gasping and felt I could not breathe. That went on for at least a couple of minutes until I realized it WAS just a dream and I was NOT running out of air!
I finally calmed down, but even after I calmed down, my chest hurt from me gasping so heavily for several minutes.

It was not a ghost.....but it was a "ghost" effect of your dream. Meaning it is a lingering feeling left from you dream....sort of like a shadow.

Dan, you have anxiety issues, insomnia, you are on ad..

trust you me, your brain will play tricks on you, especially while adapting to a med.

Sometimes in response to dreams your brain recreates a physical sensation.

For example I was once dreaming someone was poking my stomach and I woke up feeling the poke right there, even when no one was actually poking me.

You see, mechano-receptors of the sentitive pathway were activated sending impulses to my brain that meant I had the physical feeling of being poked, in reaction to my dream but without any actual physical stimulus.

This is possible because I have been poked in that particular spot in real life and that stimulus has been "recorded" in neurological memory. So, when I dreamed I was being poked, the sensitive pathway recreated the effect of the stimulus.

It doesn't happen to everyone or everytime, but it happens nevertheless.

So, don't obsess over nothing. Remember meds/OCD/insomnia are bound to prey on your brain.

And gettin on ad and off ad does play with your brain chemistry

southbiochem Wrote:I was once dreaming someone was poking my stomach and I woke up feeling the poke right there, even when no one was actually poking me

Oh that wasnt a dream… you really should lock your windows at night :biggrin:

One of my friends told me that he scared to death of ghost who visit his apartment. I said to him that ghosts prefers castles but not apartment.
Anyway If you have a ghost it's not bad - it means that you are not alone, and someone don't don't give shit on you)

southbiochem Wrote:Dan, you have anxiety issues, insomnia, you are on ad..

trust you me, your brain will play tricks on you, especially while adapting to a med.

Sometimes in response to dreams your brain recreates a physical sensation.

For example I was once dreaming someone was poking my stomach and I woke up feeling the poke right there, even when no one was actually poking me.

You see, mechano-receptors of the sentitive pathway were activated sending impulses to my brain that meant I had the physical feeling of being poked, in reaction to my dream but without any actual physical stimulus.

This is possible because I have been poked in that particular spot in real life and that stimulus has been "recorded" in neurological memory. So, when I dreamed I was being poked, the sensitive pathway recreated the effect of the stimulus.

It doesn't happen to everyone or everytime, but it happens nevertheless.

So, don't obsess over nothing. Remember meds/OCD/insomnia are bound to prey on your brain.

And gettin on ad and off ad does play with your brain chemistry

ahh south the chemist, always explaining the reality of things. I love it. thank you south once gain!

I agree with the above it was prob a mix of lack of sleep, melds and strange dreams!! I can't tell ya how many times I wake up sat bolt upright shouting or struggling against something...

It's most likely nothing more than a side effect.

Other than that you may have experienced sleep paralysis , this more common than you think.