Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the right thing...and it sucked!
So I'm in Wal-Mart buying hamburger meat. I'm a professional chef so when I overhear people talking about not knowing what kind of ingredients to buy for certain recipes I tend to throw out some advice. I hear a guy off to my right say to himself "What they hell's the difference?" I look at the meat, I explain...I go to walk away. He stops me and that's when I realize "wow!" this dude is hot. His name was Chris, he was 28, he does something that has to do with computers for a living, I didn't really understand. He liked hiking, played piano, and had a cat named Newton. He seemed really sweet, down to Earth, and honestly interested. We talked for several minutes, he gave me his number and I went off to cook cheeseburgers alone like I had originally planned. I really wanted to call him, but having just got out of a really long, really fucked up relationship I knew I was just looking for a rebound. I'm not the type of guy who jumps into bed with people (though I must admit it was tempting). So I threw the number away, knowing I'd just hurt this guy if I led him on anyway, and I'm not that type of guy either. Anyway, it kind of sucked because if I'd met him at a different point in my life I might have had a really nice guy on my hands. Oh, well. Just thought I'd share.

As long as you've thought it through PROPERLY to make sure you'll have no regrets I guess it's pretty admirable of you to "spare" him. From the looks of it, at least based on the perception of a stranger, it does seem to be a shame though.

Grey, you need to get your ass back in that supermarket and meet up again, and say you mislaid his number.... but wished you'd kept it safe... That's my advice. There's nothing against you starting a friendship even if it's not going to lead anywhere else. You two enjoyed the few minutes of chatting. Who knows where any relationship is going at this early point in time? Learn a few things about each other, maybe even court if that's where it's going. I'm sure he'd understand being on the rebound is not the best time to start a new relationship but life has some amazing surprises in store for he who seizes them when they come.

Grey Wrote:So I'm in Wal-Mart buying hamburger meat. I'm a professional chef so when I overhear people talking about not knowing what kind of ingredients to buy for certain recipes I tend to throw out some advice. I hear a guy off to my right say to himself "What they hell's the difference?" I look at the meat, I explain...I go to walk away. He stops me and that's when I realize "wow!" this dude is hot. His name was Chris, he was 28, he does something that has to do with computers for a living, I didn't really understand. He liked hiking, played piano, and had a cat named Newton. He seemed really sweet, down to Earth, and honestly interested. We talked for several minutes, he gave me his number and I went off to cook cheeseburgers alone like I had originally planned. I really wanted to call him, but having just got out of a really long, really fucked up relationship I knew I was just looking for a rebound. I'm not the type of guy who jumps into bed with people (though I must admit it was tempting). So I threw the number away, knowing I'd just hurt this guy if I led him on anyway, and I'm not that type of guy either. Anyway, it kind of sucked because if I'd met him at a different point in my life I might have had a really nice guy on my hands. Oh, well. Just thought I'd share.

[SIZE="3"]
Shopping at The Place of Evil????[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B]SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME on you!!!
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME I say!!!
[/SIZE]
[/B]

And being a professional chef AND shopping at The Place of Evil???!!!!

Thats just [B][SIZE="6"]SO many levels of wrong, I dont even know where to begin!!!![/SIZE][/B]

Much less trying to pick some guy up there!!!!

princealbertofb Wrote:Grey, you need to get your ass back in that supermarket and meet up again, and say you mislaid his number.... but wished you'd kept it safe... That's my advice. There's nothing against you starting a friendship even if it's not going to lead anywhere else. You two enjoyed the few minutes of chatting. Who knows where any relationship is going at this early point in time? Learn a few things about each other, maybe even court if that's where it's going. I'm sure he'd understand being on the rebound is not the best time to start a new relationship but life has some amazing surprises in store for he who seizes them when they come.

I totally agree. Take life and opportunities as they come, and don't pre judge anything.

Richard

Yeah, Grey! You need to go back in there and show him whose the boss Wink

MisterTinkles Wrote:[SIZE="3"]
Shopping at The Place of Evil????[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][B]SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME on you!!!
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME I say!!!
[/SIZE]
[/B]

And being a professional chef AND shopping at The Place of Evil???!!!!

Thats just [B][SIZE="6"]SO many levels of wrong, I dont even know where to begin!!!![/SIZE][/B]

Much less trying to pick some guy up there!!!!

But he was hot.

I'm sorry, this here has to be a lie, While I believed everything else you wrote, this stuck out as pure fantasy, made up fiction...

Grey Wrote:So I'm in Wal-Mart buying hamburger meat. I'm a professional chef....

:tongue:

Honestly, Professional Chefs shop for food at Walmart????? :eek: :biggrin:

OK as for the rest, why is exactly is it a 'bad thing'?

I'm not saying you need to rush into a new relationship, but don't cut off all your options either. You could seek to be his friend and develop and hopefully maintain a friend-type relationship while you sort through your relationship 'crap'.

Now I do have a 365 no dating policy after a break-up, but this isn't carved in stone and if the right man comes along in that initial year I am willing to set aside that 365 day policy if the right fella comes along.

Well actually even if the wrong fella comes along.....Rolleyes Yeah I have made that mistake a couple times in my life.:eek:

I suggest that you call this guy and work on being 'just friends'. See what happens, even tell him right from the gate, 'Look, I just ended a relationship so I am not too keen on the relationship side of things, but I find you to be an interesting person and would like to be your friend and go from there.'

If he is a great guy, he will be understanding and might even be appreciative that you want to take it slow and see what happens.

Besides Grey, with any man you are attracted to, you need to take it a bit slower than 'normal' people. Both you and I have a tendency to be drawn to the 'wrong' fellas so we need a bit of extra time to get to know a person - which is perfectly OK.

In fact we need guys who are perfectly OK with us wanting to take it slower to get to know them a wee bit better than other people will.

Good points all around, though I'm not sure how many times I'd have to go to Wal-Mart to run into him again. I was not aware Wal-Mart was evil, where else is a cowboy supposed to shop? lol And as for being a chef my job is to be able to create amazing food...even with ingredients from Wal-Mart...lol.

Yes I fear Walmart is the Evil that has taken over the USA. They use children and lead in their products - those leather shoes - made 50% child-skin, with at least 10% lead paint....

On a more serious note: http://www.econmatters.com/2012/07/is-wa...facts.html makes for an interesting read.

There are other sites out there they expound on Just How Bad Walmart is.

I recall the bustling town center of Cere's California before the arrival of Walmart about a decade ago. Almost as soon as Walmart appeared customer base of the old mom and pop shops dropped to a trickle. in less than a year the storefronts down down were emptied and has 'For Lease' signs on the windows.

I darkened the doors of Walmart last week, and that was the first time in oh 9 years?