Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you go to your high school Prom?
I didn't go, I knew I was gay then and I was very shy. I went to a car show with a couple friends instead, it wasn't an official car show and when people started doing burn outs and racing it got broken up by the cops. It was fun though. I'm still curious of what would have happened if I went and had a date of the same sex, one girl that came out wanted to go with her girlfriend and no one seemed to mind but they went to her girlfriends school prom instead.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I didn't get to go to prom because I did not finished high school in Canada, because my dad used to bring me along when he was on mission for Doctors without borders, it would happen quite often that I would spare some months studying in another school in another country. In short I don't even have a final Canadian GED but I do have a French BA.

And if I would have had the choice I wouldn't have gone anyway. I have spent way too many years with those people and I really didn't feel the need to wave them goodbye. Coming from a very small town with people of archaic philosophy and adding to that I wasn't a real kid, since I was adopted, a black kid among the Caucasians and native and they would never forget to let me know how different I was from them in all given ways (god thank you they didn't know I was bisexual too), had also the very bad luck to have been adopted by one of the wealthiest family in the area... through the years of high school all I've got from many of them was prejudice, jealousy, envy, selective racism, xenophobia and all the package. I didn't see any needs to wave goodbye at them, going to a prom where most of them was among their little click like they were during school years. Some did asked me to come as a guest but I know they just wanted the free limousine and the after party at the family house.

I will not question my kids if they don't want to go to their prom, but I will celebrate each and every one of their milestones, my eldest daughter went to her prom and I didn't look for the expenses and I know she had the greatest experience of her life. I lived my prom through her.

One of my friends did forced me to go to a high school reunion... we drove then 8 hours north of Montreal... to get bored in a matter of 10 minutes it was up... the same click was there and oh funny how everyone had not changed that much. My friend and I picked up the good ones, left that Mickey Mouse Reunion and went on having our own party Smile

I did not not go. Went to one dance in Middle School. Hated it and never went to another dance, prom or ball. No regrets

Yes, I went to my highschool prom, because my parents forced me to. They claimed it to be an important moment of my life that I can't miss. I went alone, didn't have a boyfriend back then.

I came out before Freshmen year of my HS years, so a lot of the 'friends' I had
dwindled down to a few handful. And with me skipping classes and school cause of being bullied, I ended up dropping out.

But for the times that I was there, I did join our schools Gay Straight Alliance. They had their own Queer Prom every year, but I think aside from that gay couples could go together to prom.

I sort of wish I went to my prom cause it's one of those "Teen Rights of Passage' thing, but I can't look back, and there's probably a reason as to why I missed out on that experience.

Skipped junior prom thankfully. Went to senior prom. Big waste of time and money. Got drunk afterwards. Ahhhhh much better.

I only attended Freshman year...did spend several months as "sophomore" so to speak but it was a special class for kids with behavior problems that wouldn't let me interact with the rest of the school, and then I ran away from home for the last time (and turned adult, got my GED, etc, without ever going back home until I was almost 22, and then just for a brief visit). So no prom for me.

Had I gone through the entire high school experience, I doubt I'd have gone...if I did I probably would've hated it unless someone went out of their way (including in spending money on me so I didn't show up in tatters) to make it nice, and going by all the TV shows and movies I've seen featuring proms I think I'd have still been bored silly (especially as even Hollywood shows them with the pretty faces, best dressed, professional dancers, brilliant lines that writers spent hours on that the characters then deliver "on the spot" and I STILL found it boring, how much worse would the real thing be?).

HELL NO! I didnt even go to graduation.

What a freekin FARCE all that shit is. I was pretty much the ONLY poor kid in the whole school I went too.
All the rich fucks were bragging about getting money for college, or a new car, or a new stereo system, or a high ranking job at daddys company, or a cruise around the world......

You know what *I* got?

A chocolate pie. A lousy fucking chocolate pie.
Bitch mother couldnt even be bothered to know what I liked.
My SISTER was the one who liked chocolate pie. Not ME!!!

So hell NO!

I promised myself IF I ever came into money, I would however, go to a reunion driving a Lambourghini and have a super model man on my arm. Like thats ever gonna happen.

No, I didn't go to prom.

I only went to my senior prom...but a few years later, an old friend that was also an underclassman invited me to her senior prom...so technically, I went to two proms Wink

I do remember the hotel party after senior prom. it was my first time having some Kahlua and these things called "shots!"

Big Grin