Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Different' Gay Films
do short movies count in this thread ? anyways there's one i like thats free to watch on youtube called "Running without sound" its about a deaf boy who runs for his school then takes a shine to another student who helps him, its in 2 parts but its very nice to watch. here's the link if anybody wants to see it - part 2 link comes up at the end part 1

Just seen one today called MILK.

It ia about the true story of Harvey Milk and his fight for gay rights.

Great and interesting life, that of Harvey Milk... I don't know why I didn't really know anything about him. Our history (the history of gay life) really ought to be listed in the curriculum, like the history of slavery and of women's votes...

XRIMO Wrote:As Good As It Gets, even though its not a gay film, it does have some interesting moments, I forgot how much I liked that movie until I saw it on tv this weekend.

And, last night, though I didn't get to watch all of it since I was really tired, I came across an interesting movie called Making Love about a young doctor who is married, but has a side affair with a gay novelist. From what I saw, it was interesting, especially for being made in 1982.

That must be the one with Harry Hamlin ... will do a little search and come up with the right name, who was also in one of those Greek Epics like Jason and the Argonauts...

matty7 Wrote:do short movies count in this thread ? anyways there's one i like thats free to watch on youtube called "Running without sound" its about a deaf boy who runs for his school then takes a shine to another student who helps him, its in 2 parts but its very nice to watch. here's the link if anybody wants to see it - YouTube - Running without sound (part 1of 2) part 2 link comes up at the end part 1

Thanks for the link, Matty. Yes, shorts can count too. After all they are still cinema. Confusedmile:

matty7 Wrote:do short movies count in this thread ? anyways there's one i like thats free to watch on youtube called "Running without sound" its about a deaf boy who runs for his school then takes a shine to another student who helps him, its in 2 parts but its very nice to watch.

[COLOR="Purple"]Yes, an excellent short matty... and short films most definitely count.

Most directors dont start with million dollar budgets and shorts become a very important story telling medium.[/COLOR]

princealbertofb Wrote:Great and interesting life, that of Harvey Milk... I don't know why I didn't really know anything about him. Our history (the history of gay life) really ought to be listed in the curriculum, like the history of slavery and of women's votes...

[COLOR="Purple"]Sooooooooo true!

Milk is super famous over here... there are a number of schools dedicated to him and his philosophies...

Who are some of the great gay leaders in Europe?[/COLOR]

XRIMO Wrote:...Making Love about a young doctor who is married, but has a side affair with a gay novelist. From what I saw, it was interesting, especially for being made in 1982.

princealbertofb Wrote:That must be the one with Harry Hamlin ... will do a little search and come up with the right name, who was also in one of those Greek Epics like Jason and the Argonauts...

[COLOR="Purple"]Yep, Making Love. Harry Hamlin (voted as People magazine's "Sexiest Man Alive" in 1987).
Another part of "our" history and I was the assistant manager of the theatre that played it in Pittsburgh Xyxthumbs [/COLOR]

princealbertofb Wrote:Great and interesting life, that of Harvey Milk... I don't know why I didn't really know anything about him. Our history (the history of gay life) really ought to be listed in the curriculum, like the history of slavery and of women's votes...

There are certainly parallels between Harvey Milk and the fight for Gay Rights and Martin Luther King and his fight. I too had never heard of Harvey Milk but Martin Luther King has always been one of my most admired people. People who stand up and fight oppression and discrimination despite personal risks are true heroes.