Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty Coming Out
I just need a bit of help Coming out of the closet. I am Gay and havent told anybody that i am except a few peopl online.... And yes i am shy lol

You should click the search button and enter coming out and read through some of the MANY posts for a variety of opinions and feedback! For me "coming out" is not an "event" but a process that is different for every person depending on their situation. I have found that the people who have approached it as a process that unfolds over time based on necessity tend to describe better comfort and control despite anyone's negative or positive response.

You are who you are allowing yourself to become and even that can be very fluid so don't let anyone tell you any one particular bit of advice is right for you.

I'd close with suggesting that the more kindness and love you can cultivate in your attitude and demeanor, the more kindness and love you will attract. Best wishes BlueDragon! Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

What kind of help are you looking for? This forum is rich in advice, but no one here would "out" you, even if you asked, that's up to you. And CCRox is right, coming out isn't an explosion, or a sudden change, especially if you have a variety of social circles. It's gradual, and stay in your comfort zone (you'll probably end up uncomfortable anyway, and we'll be here for you).
Something my ex-wife told me that was very profound was, "you haven't changed, and it shouldn't change the people around you. If it does, you never needed them."
Good luck!

the people who love you will love you for who you are. I almost got married once, the first person I came out to was actually my girlfriend at the time. She basically gave me a huge hug and we grinned and her response was that she was glad I had saved her a lot of time, lol, and she just wanted me to be happy. she proceeded to try to find me a good man, lol. we are great friends to this day. it will all be good brother if you just be yourself.

the people who love you will love you for who you are and those are your true friends.

Maybe you are not as ready as you think you are.
At any rate take your time with it , there is no rush.

Just take one step at a time..
you should be comfortable first with your own sexuality.

There will come a time that youll meet a person who will truly understand you for who you are.
You need not to tell all people who you are, like me, im contented to share my real self to people close to me.

Coming out is always hard...No matter who you are, there will always be judgement, discrimination etc.
It took me a number of years to finally come out to everyone I know, the first two people i told i was gay where gay so i knew either way id be accepted by them which gave me a tad bit boost of confidence.
I then slowly worked my way up the ladder and just a few months ago told the parents, so it all takes time.
There is no need to rush this "coming out" the best advice i was given was do it when your ready...Trust this, you will know when your ready to jump out and want to tell the whole world your gay.
So keep your chin up and stay strong, this is a life changing event one that you will always remember.