Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dildo questions
Glass dildos tend to be the most sanitary, you can clean them with hot water and they aren't porous so bacteria will not build up. Strictly speaking such serious cleaning isn't probably necessary unless you are sharing toys, which should be a no no if the toy isn't covered with a condom. Soap and water should be enough if you're only using it on yourself and not orally.

"TPR

TPR (Thermoplastic rubber) is a polymer blend that has a thermoplastic character. TPR is hypoallergenic, nontoxic and phthalate free. TPR is less porous than Cyberskin but more porous than Silicone, therefore we recommend condom use with sex toys made of TPR to prevent the spread of bacteria and other infectious agents.

Care and Feeding: TPR sex toyse should be cleaned with mild soap and water or antibacterial sex toy cleaners. This material cannot be sterilized by boiling, therefore we recommend the use of a condom when sharing sex toys made of TPR."
http://discreetsensuality.com/guide-to-s...materials/

I had never heard of TPR before either, but it sounds like it is relatively safe. I would use a condom with it if I were you though. It sounds like a hassle but my wife is allergic to all lube other than silicone, and all of our toys are silicone, so in order to not degrade the silicone we use non-lubricated condoms. It's really not that big of a deal, and much safer. I have no idea what lubes are safe with this material though.

Rosie Wrote:"
TPR is hypoallergenic, nontoxic and phthalate free. TPR is less porous than Cyberskin ... we recommend condom use with sex toys made of TPR to prevent the spread of bacteria ... This material cannot be sterilized by boiling, therefore we recommend the use of a condom when sharing sex toys made of TPR." ... it sounds like it is relatively safe. I would use a condom with it if I were you though... .

Starts out real good... but then, well thanks, but I think I'll stick with glass - hypoallergenic, nontoxic, phthalate free, boil it, freeze it, bleach, ammonia, whatever you want. Whenever I hear someone recommending the use of a condom with a dildo, I wonder for whose protection, the human, or the dildo.

I completely forgot that I had some condoms lying around. Might as well use them. Smile

Oh and the dildo is made in China...but I got it off a trustworthy gay site based in the US. At least, trustworthy in my opinion.

But anyways, thanks for all the answers guys!

Edit: Ahh crap...I just noticed a very thin bit of the outer skin of the dildo is ripped. Maybe I washed it with too hot water...

will it be bad if I consume a bit of the material (accidentally?)