Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dining Alone - Sad or Confident?
I was talking with my friend today, when I mentioned how I went to an Indian Restaurant and had lunch by myself on Thursday (and no I was not wagging school it was a teacher only day).

3 people so far seem to think that's really sad and pathetic how I did that o.o

It's not that I have no friends, it's just that I don't have friends who want to do things with me (i.e I just want to eat) o.o That's not sad is it?

It was an empty restaurant so that makes it less sad right. And I was running errands and it was just lunch and I was reading a book. It's not as sad as it sounds.

How do I friendship. o.o

I think it's fine to dine alone.
I like to dine alone with out other people to be critics on food that I'm eating. I wana be the only critic u.u
ALSO I hate coffee snobs (I'm a coffee snob (I hate myself for it))

Nothing to be sad about...
Who says you've got to go to a restaurant with somebody?

Why must somebody for-ever hold your hand because "perception dictates"

Do your own thing enjoy life including alone time... Confusedmile:

Nah its cool, if its a 3 course meal everyday on the single table facing the wall then maybe its a bit sad, not in that way!

You need you a foodie in your life.

It's not sad. I go out and eat alone all the time. Smile

Well...I usually I don't go out.....anywhere....besides work, so not the best standard here, but it's a bit irrelevant if someone else thinks is sad...

If you just went out to eat cause you simply wanted to, no one could join you, and you don't give a s*** about that, then I don't find it sad nor weird

Unfortunately, most people seem to think it's sad to eat out alone. I never do it myself because I've grown to think of eating out as a social thing and obviously it makes little sense to eat alone with that mindset. If you're looking to simply enjoy a meal I suggest you disregard other people's prejudices.

I'm eating alone right now, having a waffle with fruit and yogurt. Do it all the time. But am I really alone? I've got all of you with me Smile

'Course if you HAD been there with your friends y'all been texting someone who wasn't there anyway so effectively eating alone all the same as you interacted with your phone more than each other! :tongue:

Not sad at all.

I've done that many times on my way from one place to another. Not just in a fast food place either.

Lot's of people do it in Mcdonalds or KFC etc, so why not somewhere where the food takes at least as long to prepare as to eat and even digest?

Off you go then... it's almost lunch time (somewhere in the world!)