Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinner For Two x 2
"Baked Italian Rotini Cheese Casserole"

Who can resist rotini pasta, fresh tomatoes and creamy Alfredo sauce baked with loads of shredded cheese? Prep time: 20 minutes - Start To Finish: 55 minutes.

2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
1 cup milk
1 container (10 ounces) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
2 cups shredded provolone cheese (8 ounces)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 tablespoon Progresso® Italian-style dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves

1 . Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 2-quart casserole. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2 . Stir milk into Alfredo sauce; stir in 2 tablespoons basil, the cheese and 1 cup of the tomatoes. Pour mixture into casserole. Sprinkle with remaining tomatoes.
3 . Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Mix bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon basil; sprinkle over top.

"Chili Chicken And Rice"

Tender chicken breasts on top of hearty chili and rice make for a delicious inexpensive meal for two. Choose mild or hot chili to suit your taste. Prep Time:10 Minutes - Cook Time: 30 Minutes - Ready In: 40 Minutes.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 cups cooked rice
1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
4 slices processed American cheese

In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken over medium heat. Spread rice in a greased 11-in. 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Combine the chili and taco seasoning; spoon over the rice. Top with chicken. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Top with cheese slices. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until juices run clear.

It sounds delicious!!!!

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a cook. If it doesn't come in a can or can't be reheated in a microwave,, I stay away from it (smile)..

Did I mention I like eating out (big grin)..

Jim
We Have Elvis !!

I admire guys who can cook - that all sounds delicious , I wish I could cook but you really need great timing as a cook (as a drummer you would think I had lol ) if you don't then things get burnt, I would love that skill , my brother in law and nephew are both really great chefs , and I get to try our some great dishes -

Have you made this dish for your partner ? im sure he would have enjoyed it

Maybe I'm mistaking cause I'm not into cooking, but the first one doesn't seems an Italian recipe... I've totally never heard of Alfredo sauce before... ;-)
There are many famous fake Italian recipe..

And here I found some little suggestions that made me LOL:

http://www.swide.com/food-travel/italian...2013/09/06

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-italian-di...at-all.php

Great, now I'm hungry! I love Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.

matty7 Wrote:Have you made this dish for your partner ? im sure he would have enjoyed it

I don't cook those 2 dishes yet for him,but I probably could do that in future.