Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointing Friend
Confuzzeled ,actually there weren't any people at the party yet because he picked me up at 3.00 and the party didn't start until 4.00. Also a few people came later. Also this is not the first time as he has a history of being late. I remember once my mom and me invited him for Sunday dinner and I told him we eat at 2.00 on a Sunday. He shows up 40 minutes late.He came at 2.40. His excuse was that after church the priest was making announcements on future plans for the church and he had to stop for gas.First of all he could have stopped for gas earlier and if you're expected someplace skip the announcements. The food was getting cold so we had to reheat it. His lateness is a very bad habit.It's very disrespectful and rude to the people you keep waiting.I would never keep anybody waiting.People who are always tardy is one of my biggest pet peeves. People could be on time if they wanted to. Needless to say that was the first and last time we ever invited him to dinner. Like I said I have no problem finding other transportation but these people have to let me know as I'm not a mind reader.

Stuff happens.

I think you are doing too much second guessing.

Go to see your friend and clear the air. In the future both of you would do well to be a bit less fussy.

As for the person who put you down, deal with him on his own--by ignoring him and keeping your distance.
I bid NO Trump!

As others have said, the main thing is for you to directly address your friend and let him know that it's been bothering you. Most of everything else I said may be what's been bothering him, but speculation. Don't let fear or pride get in the way of your friendship.