Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discard the V-Card?
[COLOR="Navy"]Okay y'all I have another open question for you.....

Today in a news story posted on the Advocate.com, Elton John is quoted as saying that it was a mistake for him to wait until 23 years old to lose his virginity (I believe he is referring to sex with a man). He advises youth to have as much safe sex as possible. So here is my question to you, wait for sex or jump on the bandwagon as soon as the opportunity presents itself? Personally I wish that I'd waited. My first time was in Canada after a bit of drinking. I went home with the waiter and woke up the next morning unsure of where I was and who I was with (Boy was that awkward). I would like your thoughts on the matter. [/COLOR]

Here's the story if you are interested:
Elton Says Discard the V-Card | News | Advocate.com

[COLOR="Purple"]Of course, while growing up I wanted to fall in love with my bf crush. That didnt happen in elementary school, or JrHi or high school...

When I did lose my virginity it was under somewhat diff conditions that I would have preferred but looking back it was a pretty good way. I lost more than one virginity on turning 21 and that was all cool with me.

but ll4, ya dont tell us the age you lost the V Poke2 [/COLOR]

I lost my virginity when I was 18. It was a few days after my 18th birthday, which would put it just a little over a year ago.

OK, Libertylove, I am sure Elton was right. Some poor people don't live to be 23. Do it while you can and enjoy. I have never regretted having sex with anyone but I have often regretted getting drunk! That was your mistake, trust me.

Yeah, being drunk wasn't the best idea I've ever had. I didn't get to fully enjoy the experience and I act particularly goofy when I drink so I must have made a great impression lol.

[COLOR="Navy"]Okay here is a second part to this question....when did all of you lose your virginity, and do you regret it?

Since that is the track this thread seems to be following, I figured I'd ask.

Hope for lots of feedback....aren't discussion threads fun!
[/COLOR]

about sex

I'm 24 and still have my v-card membership... yay?

On this issue I think everyone is different. In the end it comes down to this...do what YOU want, when YOU want to. There is no right or wrong answer.

libertylove4 Wrote:So here is my question to you, wait for sex or jump on the bandwagon as soon as the opportunity presents itself?

I was screwed up as a child, with the whole religion thing, so for a long time I thought it would be "wrong" to have sex before marriage.

The opportunity presented itself when I was about 25. I said yes. I realised that really it wasn't working for me, and that lying there dreaming of someone else probably suggested that the wrong anatomy was wrapped around my bits.

I lost my virginity for the second time at 27. That felt right.

Should I have done it earlier? Who knows? I may have ended up even more screwed up than I was, in a loveless marriage and desparately trying to get out.

What works for one person won't necessarily work for someone else.