whispered a little loudly. but accepted more than
I expected in this little southern town. still in closet
regarding family...different story there....mom
thinks I just need to find the right woman. thing
is, I want to be someone's "right woman!"Hearts1

Butterbut so is every day! life is
good and living it to the fullest is
my delight! Malelovies

I've only been "out" for just a couple of months now so I haven't had too much flak from it yet. The main thing I've experienced since coming out has been the loss of a few friends and family members. And the family members have been the worse. It's like I thought family was suppose to love and support you no matter what and to have them turn their backs on me just because I finally, after 21 years of hiding and lying about my true self, was finally honest. That really hurt. As far as the so called friends go, I just credit that to them showing just how true a friend they really are. But, as I've said before, I've found a new "family" that loves me for who I am and supports me no matter who I love!

Losing family is something I know will happen to me, but they weren't worth it in the first place, is the way I see it.

I never really was all that close to my family, even my mom and dad. I think what hurts the most about it all was the way it all came about. My now ex wife made me come out to both my kids and my parents all at the same time. My plan had been to tell her, us get divorced for "irreconcilable differences" an let everything settle down from that, then slowly come out to my parents and children. And out of all the ones I've lost I think the kids are what hurts the most.

That really isn't her place to tell you when and who you come out to. It's your business. I'm sorry that she made you do that.

JisthenewK Wrote:That really isn't her place to tell you when and who you come out to. It's your business. I'm sorry that she made you do that.

No it wasn't her place to do that. And that's a lot of the reason why I have these feelings
of anger towards her right now. But, it's in the past now and I'm slowly learning to deal with it. I mean what can you do once the car is let out of the closet right? :biggrin:

Cub, you'll find these "damned rednecks" around here talk a good talk, total homophobes in voice but, words are as far as it goes. Sure you'll get called a cock sucker, and eve casual friends will tell others you're as queer as a three dollar bill behind you back, or with you standing there, but that's as far as it goes unless you run into a drunk herd of redneck breeders. The only ones that get worse are the flamers, and you definitely are not a "flaming faggot" just a fag :tongue:

The county sheriff/collector here is a good friend of mine, redneck as all get out, calls me his pet queer, jokingly and keeps teasing that he bets I give better BJs that his wife.

We target shoot together, occasionally party together, with a lot of his redneck buddies, hunt together and so on. And among his friends, I get jabbed and teased mercilessly but, that's all in good old fashioned redneck fun. Just tease and throw it right back at them and, they are fine. Breaks their stereotype of gay meaning wimpy or over emotional, and that's all you have to do with these nuts down here. Smile

Yeah I've found the same thing here where I live. Not a whole lot of "openly" gay people but on the other side of the coin not a whole lot of radical gay bashers either. And as far as being called names and being picked on, I haven't had a whole lot of that either so far. Besides, I don't mind being called a cock sucker. It's what I am after all! Wink