Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disowned
Today in an Arabic literature class. We were talking about a Persian poet. The professor was discussing how his description of Persian men bodies was pretty descriptive throughout his poetry. Then people started accusing him of being a homosexual because of his poetry. Then the professor started talking about the consequences of a man sleeping with another man in Islam which is throwing them off of a high mountain. Then she mentioned that the act of homosexuality is considered worse than committing adultery in Islam. After hearing this, I felt sick to my stomach... Then came feelings of anger and disappointment in what she said.

It was even more appalling to hear my friend encouraging it after class saying "I would want worse to be done to them, I can't understand how these people think this way." And I was walking right next to her. Feeling super uncomfortable and out of my place. I have never felt out of place as I did today. What I heard today distracted me from the rest of my classes and it actually brought tears to my eyes to know that those people with whom I am acquainted are saying this. Even worse, knowing that my own religion addresses this punishment to me. Thinking if people actually found out about my sexual orientation, would this happen to me? The fact that I communicate with my dad on different levels makes me think that he wouldn't even hesitate to do this to me. Feeling like I would be (Don't even know if I already am) Disowned by my family, friends, society, culture and religion just kills me.

Which ultimately makes me question the reason of my existence on this planet in the first place? Which makes me question if I was gonna get murdered in such a cruel way for wanting to show affection to another person regardless of his gender but because eventually he is a human being and I want to communicate my feelings to him then I get thrown off of a mountain? Why don't straight people get thrown off of a mountain too? Or is it because we are against the usual nature of mother nature? Well, I say FUCK mother nature. It makes me angry to hear about this punishment today and I was born this way (In other words, I cannot help wanting it up my butt!!). This is just plain bullcrab and devastating!

There is NOTHING wrong with you, you are perfect being the person you was born to be. Love yourself whole heatedly and completely and others will love you as well. Yes there are plenty of closed minded people in this world but not everyone is like this. It makes really angry to hear how badly LGBT people are treated in some countries.

You are precious individual and important! Don't ever think anything different no matter what those narrow minded racists say. *hug*

this isn't against nature. homosexuality occurs among other animal species. it's a fully natural expression. religion and tradition have fucked up people's minds, is what it is. it's poison. it serves to harbor hate and exaggerate personal beliefs into extremist ideas for ignorant people.

try not let it get to you. be careful there, and take care of yourself.

Well, me being atheist i have never understood why religious people are always so heated to judge (each) others and in the meantime they interpret the religious text to fit their life... "One hour marriages to be legal to have sex." what a shit! How about 5min marriage to get a quick blowjob? Who needs extra 55min...

Mother nature has survived millions of years before people and their gods (whatever those gods always have been). If there is a homosexuality in nature, it has to be a normal way of life. Otherwise god has made a mistake and surely the god can fix it and need no help from a human. Come on! Why on earth would god need help from a human he created himself??

I can't imagine how difficult it was hearing and being exposed to all that. Be strong, there is nothing wrong with you, people condemn what they don't understand. Try to focus on a future where you are NOT surrounded by people and cultures such as this. Always remember, someday you'll find peace and acceptance... and love as well.

Thanks for sharing your struggles with us, hope we can help!

You are fine. And natural. It is a medieval, atavistic social construct that has led to this. It wasn't all that long ago that the western world wasn't much different.

Get an education. Avoid the religious fanatics.

You are on earth to love and be loved.

I'm sorry that your religion and culture is so backward on this issue. Come to Canada and live free.

It's devastating to watch people use religion as an instrument of hatred. And yours is far from being the only religion that does it. I remember as a little kid, being told that Catholicism was the "one true faith" and that members of other religions would all go to hell. These days, I've come to agree with Sartre that Hell is other people...rigid, bigoted people who are filled with hatred.

I really don't know what to say about your situation...all the platitudes...Be careful, Stay strong, Believe in yourself, Focus on the future...IDK...just know that there are people here who understand you, support you and value you...

Maverick Wrote:I can't imagine how difficult it was hearing and being exposed to all that. Be strong, there is nothing wrong with you, people condemn what they don't understand. Try to focus on a future where you are NOT surrounded by people and cultures such as this. Always remember, someday you'll find peace and acceptance... and love as well.

Thanks for sharing your struggles with us, hope we can help!

Thank you, I'd like to think of that, hope for it and believe it will happen someday... I look forward to that day, u k?

Pyromancer Wrote:It's devastating to watch people use religion as an instrument of hatred. And yours is far from being the only religion that does it. I remember as a little kid, being told that Catholicism was the "one true faith" and that members of other religions would all go to hell. These days, I've come to agree with Sartre that Hell is other people...rigid, bigoted people who are filled with hatred.

I really don't know what to say about your situation...all the platitudes...Be careful, Stay strong, Believe in yourself, Focus on the future...IDK...just know that there are people here who understand you, support you and value you...

And I appreciate those peaceful, open minded people very much! This is the only place where I can vent and openly express my thoughts and beliefs... This is why I love the GS community so much!! <3