Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disowned by entire family
Your family is who loves you.

Don't Mistake consanguinity for affinity.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consanguinity

http://m.dictionary.com/definition/affinity

Your family will be there, it may be broken it may be small but they will be there. The man that said to you that he will have no others but you will be there upon completion of the ceremony everybody there will be your family.

A lot of people are angry at your parents for hurting you. I don't know if you feel that anger or if you want to. I know you feel hurt.

Your hurt comes from hope. All you can do for estranged family is open the door and say it's their choice to come through. It is their burden. You don't need to carry it any longer. Give your love to your husband, not to theopen door.

If they ever darken your doorstep they have to fight to win your forgiveness and their place back in your life.

Remember your husband/fiance is your living breathing family those people that arethere to share in this joyous moment in your life are your family. Memories and nasty words are not living, they are not your family.

If it was me, I would send them a picture of you and your husband/fiance AFTER you are married. And invite them to be part of your life on the condition that they love you for who you are. Don't expect much. Any nasty letters or contacts should be simply disposed of. They have already taken everything from you they could. You have nothing left to lose that they can take. You have found love and life. Their return to your life would only be sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

Wow i actually cried when reading this , i had similiar situation but nothing like that. Im so sorry for the way your family is doing you.Glad your ok now and in a relationship and friends.

I cried a little reading that Sad

But to give it a nicer perspective, even though your old family has 'disowned' you, haven't you stepped into a new family, by marrying your fiancee?

I am so very sorry you are treated like that.
I can't for the life of me fathom not being there for my boys.

Sweetie the only advice I can give you is not to let your past ruin your future.
Grasp the here and now ,enjoy being away from the hate and leave what you cannot change alone.

Bighug