Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distance and new beginnings
So,not sure how many of you have been following me here, but in the last week and a half, I came out to my girlfriend about being bisexual and subsequently have been realizing a side of myself that until recently I believed was wrong or something that would pass.

Last night me and my girlfriend broke up. It was the most heartwrenching and painful experience I have ever had. I told her how I felt about coming out and how when I try to repress myself I feel broken and unhappy, but since being able to celebrate myself I have been free and excited and optimistic about my life and my newfound sexuality. We discussed at great length our relationship and how we felt about eachother and what the relationship had brought each of us. I confessed to her that since coming out I havent even been able to fantasize about sex with women, and that I know that my heart and my body are trying to tell me something.

We expressed that we still love eachother and that we are going to work on creatinbg at least a friendship after this entire experience. And although I feel terrible for breaking the heart of the only person I have ever been with, and I cant get this lump out of my throat, deep down i feel like I've done the right thing.

Im staying at a friend's place, and she is at our apartment with her girlfriends. This will be the first night since we met, 1.5 yrs, that we have slept away from each other.

I have faith that after this turmoil, I will be stronger. Thank you so much for your support everyone.

Love <3

by the way, I came out to my mom today as well. she was shocked, but she told me she loves me. thank god

Hugs and strength to you both at this difficult time.

You don't mess about do you. You are moving on like a hurricane! I am sure you are a nice guy judging by the way you have handled this. You probably realize that the doubts will return when you feel low for whatever reason. We live in a one-size-fits-all heterosexist culture (did I just invent a word there?). The love songs are all about heterosexual couples and the vast majority of the movies are too. For me a good way to counteract that has been to seek out gay culture in all its forms – books, magazines, films, gay pride, whatever. You are a child in a sweet shop again. Enjoy!

Hm... i don't know for who it was harder - for you to come out or for her to be that surprised...

but anyway - that's brave and i'm glad everything is ok Wink that was a really huge decision

Good for you, and bravo. It was a tough decision but surely one of the wisest. If your girlfriend has agreed to remain friends with you, I'm sure it's because she realises that you are still a lovely person and I hope one day she'll thank you for letting her get on with her life, unburdened by your own sexual awakening. You both took a step towards the future and a more stable life, surely, rather than step towards a lifetime of deception, lies and frustration.