Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I call?
thanks for the support guys, I called and he me do an online application and submit my resume. however, I got an email a couple days ago saying that they went with another candidate Sad

ceez Wrote:thanks for the support guys, I called and he me do an online application and submit my resume. however, I got an email a couple days ago saying that they went with another candidate Sad

I hate how companies are so judgmental about applicants, just because you dont have the correct credentials on your resume or application.... they throw you out.... i've been through this a lot over the last couple of years since i started working.... its not that you not qualified, it because they found someone with more of a detailed resume

Badd Wrote:its not that you not qualified, it because they found someone with more of a detailed resume

Sorry but I don't agree with this comment.

I do a fair bit of recruitment for the company I work for, and each position can attract 100's of applicants. Since I don't have the time to review and grade every resume that comes in, we use a professional recruitment company to filter what eventually reaches my desk, and they do that by running the resume through a computer programme that can look for certain key words or phrases associated with the Job Description for the particular role.

So its not about pages and pages of meaningless drivel (you would be amazed at some of the cr@p people put on there resumes....but thats a topic for another thread!) Its about matching the content of your resume to the role your applying for, and thats just to have a chance of it getting to me to read it.

And in 90-95% of the resumes I do get to see, I will normally invite between 4 and 10 candidates to interview (telephone or F2F) based on the first page of their resume.

To the OP, don't give up the hunt just because you were rejected for this role. Personally, I would use your contact to try and find out why you were rejected and use what you learn from that in the next application.

Oh and just for information, I always take personal recommendations from existing employees to interview stage. I trust an employees recommendation over a machine read resume every time Twister

ObW
x