Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Feel Safe?
BlueStar Wrote:I backed up against the world to feel safe, and as long as I am not persecuted, nothing will ever change that.
You seem to have a Long history of backing up on things ..

[Image: 670b2ac0bb1fcc2fccea8d6436e93f76.jpg]

Living in a geographically isolated, peripheric and unimportant country, yes, I feel that to be a safety net against the world affairs. It has already proven to be so during both world wars and even the neverending tensions of the cold war.

As for my everyday life, sure. Shit happens and if they do, they do..I don't really care.

I've never been robbed or anything like that. I know it could happen, but my aversion to the outside world (and to the usual activities that could pose more risk), automatically lessen the chances of that happening. I live aware and yet aloof, if that makes sense, but certainly not worried.

The only place I don't feel safe is my work place, mainly cause of my chaotic boss. All I'll say is that it'd be safer to have a 4 year old Ritalin-kid working all the chemicals. She is a f*cking mess.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Living in a very rural area, I feel pretty safe. Crime here, is pretty low. Sure, there are some larger towns in Somerset that have their fair share of crime/problems, but where I live, I would feel completely comfortable walking around on my own at night.

Yes, I feel safe.

The bird flu didn't get me.
The swine flu didn't get me.
Salmonella didn't get me.
Ebola didn't get me.
ISIS didn't get me.

On second thought, no I don't feel safe. We're destroying the planet we live on and all we care about is politics and worse. What good are tax decreases if we're extinct?

Cuddly Wrote:Yes, I feel safe.

The bird flu didn't get me.
The swine flu didn't get me.
Salmonella didn't get me.
Ebola didn't get me.
ISIS didn't get me.

On second thought, no I don't feel safe. We're destroying the planet we live on and all we care about is politics and worse. What good are tax decreases if we're extinct?

I don't think we're going to go extinct, at least not due to global warming...not in this lifetime. If it is going to happen I suspect it will be a slow process and probably not very pretty either. Speaking of, I think I recall hearing that there is supposed to be a odd solar pattern in the next 10-15 years which is supposed to cause colder temps...obviously that doesn't help the CO2 problem but might temporarily help the temperature problem for a bit.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Anocxu Wrote:You seem to have a Long history of backing up on things ..

[Image: 670b2ac0bb1fcc2fccea8d6436e93f76.jpg]

Even with you embracing my back I do feel safe Wink

where I live I feel pretty safe...there's bigger city targets within 30 miles of us plus there's nothing worth blowing up here...our town centre is pretty much dead and full of drug addicts and Romanian pick pockets. As for the rest of the world....there's a shit storm coming that's for sure