Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Feel Safe?
Be careful, stay safe, now i am worried for you. Dealt with this problem myself, so yeah, if you know a name get a restraining order, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:No. It has nothing to do with terrorists... it has to do with the fact I have a stalker.

Yikes, im sorry... That is scary, and something very much directed to you personally. If you feel like talking about it, what made you realize you had one?

Emiliano Wrote:Yikes, im sorry... That is scary, and something very much directed to you personally. If you feel like talking about it, what made you realize you had one?

Back before [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] I briefly had a fuck buddy that turned possessive, and around the same time, started using meth. I dumped his ass. He used to follow me around and shit, and I didn't think much of it until the encounters started becoming violent.

That was when I realized.

He eventually broke into my place a few times, and on one occasion things got out of hand to the point he earned a stint in jail for it. While in jail, he convinced someone he knew to come "pay me a visit", which turned into a home invasion and a brief few minutes of being resuscitated by paramedics on my kitchen floor.

I now have a katy bar on my front door, and I'm very careful to stay aware of my surroundings whenever I'm outside the home.

In general never afraid
I keep a knife on me, have since middle school so I generally feel safe.
As far as terrorist go, they aren't even a thought in my mind when safety is of concern.
Just as I don't fear asteroids hitting me, sure the odds show its possible but realistically I will never meet one.
And in my house I feel safe, I am armed with more than one weapon at several points Wink.

I must say there is only about 2 times in my life I felt very unsafe.
1. crossing a field of cows when they were all approaching me. Dad told me not to run and they were close enough some noses were touching me. The closest fence was about two hundred yards away. I was very scared. But looking back i think they were more curious of me but being there and seeing them herd towards me was frightening.
2. going around Savannah after midnight alone I had a group of guys follow me to my truck.

SilverBullet Wrote:In general never afraid
I keep a knife on me, have since middle school so I generally feel safe.
As far as terrorist go, they aren't even a thought in my mind when safety is of concern.
Just as I don't fear asteroids hitting me, sure the odds show its possible but realistically I will never meet one.
And in my house I feel safe, I am armed with more than one weapon at several points Wink.

I must say there is only about 2 times in my life I felt very unsafe.
1. crossing a field of cows when they were all approaching me. Dad told me not to run and they were close enough some noses were touching me. The closest fence was about two hundred yards away. I was very scared. But looking back i think they were more curious of me but being there and seeing them herd towards me was frightening.
2. going around Savannah after midnight alone I had a group of guys follow me to my truck.

The cow thing is very creepy. I probably wouldn't have survived that.
It sounds like you feel you can handle the threats you can handle, and don't bother yourself with the threats that you can't. I'm just curious how a person can get to that place. It does seem to be a nice place to be in.

Alto Wrote:cows kill more people each year than sharks

What the fuck....

In their defense though, it's probably true that people kill more cows per year than we do sharks. So sharks have much less of a motive.

Alto Wrote:I often think of carrying a knife for self defense but isn't it a prison sentence if the police find it on you..

The usa has certain laws but we are much less strict than the UK.
Im under the impression if its a non locking blade and the blade fits in your hand its fine.

Emiliano Wrote:The cow thing is very creepy. I probably wouldn't have survived that.
It sounds like you feel you can handle the threats you can handle, and don't bother yourself with the threats that you can't. I'm just curious how a person can get to that place. It does seem to be a nice place to be in.

I dunno lol it just seems logical IE if preventable then prevent it, if you cant prevent it worrying is pointless :S.

I never feel unsafe. I play hockey, so I know how to fight. Uzi

SilverBullet Wrote:I dunno lol it just seems logical IE if preventable then prevent it, if you cant prevent it worrying is pointless :S.

I guess what I'm hung up on is that things can feel preventable, or we can feel we have or can take control of a situation, but all that can just be an illusion. I've been mugged multiple times and it's like of course in my head I think I'm going to do this or that. But in the moment it goes down fast and it's hard to process much less gain control and react to. Or like with Hurricane Sandy, I mean there was nothing to do to stop that and the neighborhood I grew up in and where my mom and brother live got badly damaged. And probably the root of a lot of my anxiety is from 9/11 which was so surreal and that memory and images are like burned into my brain forever. But all that stuff leaves in my mind the idea that things happen, and it's illogical to assume they won't. I'm also the person who freaks out on average twice a year about the fact that I'm going to die as is everyone else around me. But I also try not to be a total nut case about it I swear... lol. But how do you let go of stuff like that?

Just today I was feeling really anxious on my way home. There were tons of cops in the station I got on, then the train stopped in the tunnel for like 10 minutes. I was sitting there thinking I was going to die and I could tell the other people on the car had tensed up too then the train started moving again and everyone relaxed. This is what made me decide to ask... I want to see how other people take in the world as assess their own safety and fear.