Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Feel Safe?
Alto Wrote:haha maybe but you don't hear about chicken related deaths!

cows are stupid, if you show fear they will charge you, if they stamp there hooves at you, the best thing you can do is stamp your feet back at them, show them who is in charge (even though they could crush you in a moment)

Chickens kill people too? What a shit way to die.

I will never be in a cow field... I'm going to organize my life to keep that from ever going down. But thanks for the advice anyway.

Never mind, I misread the chicken death thing.
I'm just glad they aren't intelligent /organized enough to seek revenge.

Darius Wrote:I never feel unsafe. I play hockey, so I know how to fight. Uzi

Would you feel confident taking on a herd of cows at night with your bare hands?

Quote:... Do you think that keeping yourself from all the bad news going on [in] sic the world contributes to being a happier person? ...

My rational is far more complicated than I've expressed in my initial post. The basic answer to your question is "yes"... but that is a "yes" that stems from having been farther down the rabbit hole of intelligence / counter-intelligence (with a basic understanding of "full spectrum dominance" protocols) than most people. It isn't just that I'm avoiding "bad" or "disconcerting" or "uncomfortable" news. Yes, I am avoiding that. But more to the point: I'm avoiding mass mind control ... as that is what corporate funded, government sanctioned "news" is. Without going into any detail, simply try to grasp that our understanding of the world at large -- and our place in it -- is predominantly media constructed.

Quote:And do [you] sic feel a similar ignorance is bliss mentality when it comes to worries about your health and much more personal safety? Or is that something different from large abstract things like environmental disaster and terrorist attacks?
No. That is very different. I am responsible for my own physical (and psychological) health. I have regular checkups and, all in all, take pretty good care of myself. By comparison, I'm not responsible for the state of "the world".

I'm not in AA but I value the wisdom of the serenity prayer:

[Image: Serenity-Prayer-Wisdom-Courage-Vinyl-Wal...14in-0.jpg]

Emiliano Wrote:Would you feel confident taking on a herd of cows at night with your bare hands?

Udderly confident.

I would refuse to let an act of terrorism alter my life. It could happen to anyone, anywhere but the chances are pretty minimal if you really look at statistics. At the moment I am in London (as opposed to my usual place of residence) and so far I think 14 people have been stabbed in London but the chances of that happening to me are also pretty minimal. I went to a concert at the Royal Albert Hall the other night and for a venue that can contain up to 6,000 people when absolutely full, there were no security checks.

I could be run over by a truck anytime I step out in to the street but that wouldn't stop me continuing with my daily life.

Do I feel secure? I feel as secure as one can be living in rthe society we have.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

MikeW Wrote:My rational is far more complicated than I've expressed in my initial post. The basic answer to your question is "yes"... but that is a "yes" that stems from having been farther down the rabbit hole of intelligence / counter-intelligence (with a basic understanding of "full spectrum dominance" protocols) than most people. It isn't just that I'm avoiding "bad" or "disconcerting" or "uncomfortable" news. Yes, I am avoiding that. But more to the point: I'm avoiding mass mind control ... as that is what corporate funded, government sanctioned "news" is. Without going into any detail, simply try to grasp that our understanding of the world at large -- and our place in it -- is predominantly media constructed.

Thanks for that Mike. You only have to see what Hitler did via the media to realise that.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I feel real safe, protected by the isolation of the Appalachian Mountains. But, even us hicks aren't immune to the crazies that overrun this world. We had a couple about six months ago that plotted a mass school shooting in our county and said they were doing it in the name of God. Guns were strategically placed around the school and everything. If they hadn't have shot that wild cat and alerted a nearby bus driver, they probably would have gotten away with it, and many children/teachers would have perished.

Now that I think about it, I don't know how safe I really am...

I heard there was something that went on in Franklin involving a school bus full of kindergartners...It's an eerie feeling when something like that happens that close to home...thankfully those nutcases failed...

In one way we're totally not safe, I think the day to day routines and the world we have got to know has giving us a false sense of security. That being said I don't think we should live in fear, that is in a very big way what these ISIS assholes want. They want to disrupt, divide and spread fear.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I backed up against the world to feel safe, and as long as I am not persecuted, nothing will ever change that.