Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Remember?
Im a product of the 70's, so I remember a lot of things from then, that people now have no idea what Im talking about. Yes, I have finally become "that old". Or could it be that "they" are just "that stupid"? Your choice.

Anyway, are there things from your younger days (regardless of how old you are) that, when mentioned to people today, they have no clue as to what you are talking about or remember?

Heres a few that Ive gotten a few "WTFs ??" when I mentioned them--

Yogi Bear
[Image: yogi-5313.jpg]

Tangerine Lifesavers
[Image: tangerine-life-savers-candy-lifesavers-t...339044.jpg]

Odd and Even gas days
[Image: 630x418.jpg]

Phone booths
[Image: telephone+booth.jpg]

Turn Dial TV - also know as a UHF/VHF TV
[Image: x2009041549e5d03587e70470574480_12397978..._1_hip.jpg]

Feathered Hair
[Image: 16154]

Being a "Disco Danny"
[Image: disco-man-thumb4820677.jpg]

i remember being home with my mother hearing watching it on the tv, i was about 6y
there he is living the big life for the next 99 milla seconds
[Image: zzz-President-John-F-Kennedy-On-The-Day-...tion-1.jpg]

the invention of chicken wing(s) was in my home town:
[Image: anchor-bar.jpg]

how did you get a "WTF?" from mentioning Yogi Bear?! I'm 18 and used to watch this cartoon all the time! My parents are from mid-60's and they love it

I was born in 1990 and here is some of the stuff that I was in to

[Image: swat_kats_by_blackwingedheart87-d2z3o0e.png]

[Image: powerpuff_girls_1.jpg?w=870]PS this was my favorite cartoon lol

[Image: Sailor+Moon+characters.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mcete1efN71rje2rzo1_500.jpg]
PS, best candy! Mmmmm lol.

I can't imagine someone not knowing what Yogi Bear, Lifesavers, phone booths, or dial TVs are. That blows my mind and makes me feel old! When I was a kid I didn't know any of those cartoons were 'old,' I just thought they were other cartoons :p

Unkown I forgot about Swat Kats. Kinda miss the Powerpuff Girls too.

Oh, I love Yogi bear! c:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDK8EYi4cCoY64Fo_6JWm...pSfNW0VgsQ]

Not the people don't remember Top Cat, I just thought I'd post him for nostalgic reasons

Analog clocks. Apparently being able to read a dial face of a clock is becoming a useless, quaint skill.

Rotary dial telephones. Land lines, hell having a phone that is just a telephone and not a computer, camera, text message center, map, or dating app Wink

Busy sound on a phone - most kids never heard it, and when a phone does get it they are like 'WTF is wrong with the phone?'

How about Deposit and return coke bottles?
Blue Chip Stamps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Chip_Stamps

Kids could get cigarettes with just a note from their parent.

A couple days ago I was thinking about how much time I spend on feathering my hair.... That and the mullet

[Image: mullet.jpg]
http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingt...mullet.jpg

Liam Wrote:how did you get a "WTF?" from mentioning Yogi Bear?! I'm 18 and used to watch this cartoon all the time! My parents are from mid-60's and they love it

Well, this was back in the early 80's, so its even more unbelievable to me that this guy never heard of Yogi Bear.

Anway, I was working at this restaurant...me and this 19 year old were working the grill. We were talking about food and stuff and what people eat, and the conversation made its way around eating outside, and I made my Yogi Bear impression.

This young guy said "What the fuck was that"?!

I told him it was Yogi Bear. He said "What the fuck is a Yogi Bear"?
I told him it was a Saturday morning cartoon. I asked him if he watched cartoons growing up, and he said yes, but had never heard or seen of Yogi Bear. Apparently he knew who Bugs Bunny was, but not Yogi Bear.

I was only in my late 20's then, but he made me feel like I was 75 when he said that.
Lil' Fucker.

Aaaaahhhhh........anybody remember "greenstamps"???
I remember going with my granny and mother to the Green Stamp store when I was little.

[Image: RP00502a.jpg]
[Image: green+stamps.gif]

They dont do the paper ones anymore, they are all online now, but they STILL exist!
And if you have old paper greenstamps, you can convert them to current online greenstamps.
They call them Greenpoints now....

http://www.greenpoints.com/account/act_default.asp