Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Worry?
axle2152 Wrote:Do you worry? I am curious whether or not anxiety or worry is problem for a lot of people or not and what makes us worry....

Me. I find myself worrying about things, quite a lot and frankly I'm pretty sure it was a major factor in why I ended up having a panic attack in the first place. I at times aren't so bad about worrying about things. I mean everything from money, love, the world, college, debt, health...chances are I have worried about it at some point. I feel that worrying is something we learn to do and it is hard to un-learn something when we have done it ritually for years and years....

This is very complex to answer because I don't know if you're talking about anxiety as the general things, or just being worried about few counted situations.

So... Anxiety was a general situation in my life when I was in highschool, and I dealt with it by the common things, bitting my nails. walking in the same room from side to side... then in my last years a few couple of things happened that made me realize about worrying doesn't solve anything. I mean. that was not immediately it takes me 3 years maybe 4 to realize how to think and act different, and made me realize about my behavior as a scape to anxiety more than a conduct of my own personality. So, I stop bitting my nails (now I've troubles making them short lol), I stop walking in nonsense, and I began to canalize my energy in a proper and productive way.

There's a quote from a Chinese proverb that says: "If you have a problem that doesn't have solution, why are you worrying? if have solution, why are you worrying?"

So if I worry about small things, obviously yes, until I find the solution to it, but what I learned is to think and act quickly about it, like when you spill a liquid on something and you dry it fast before it stains worst, and then using the proper cleaner to remove that kind of stain.

So what I really learn is to use the intelligence this nature gave me, for my own wellness, not for others, I stop carrying too much about what others may or not think about me.
I did Yoga and meditation that couple of years, I used a lot of time in thinking about myself as a human being. what I have, what I didn't have, what I did, and what I did not, and the most important, what I am, and what I am not.

So I learned that three main things, to really know myself, to think fast, and use my intelligence for my own well. and my general anxiety reduced 90%

I worry all the time. I have an anxiety disorder which plays on my mind.
An eye for an eye

These days, just about my shitty stomach when going places.
I worry about getting dizzy, because unfortunatly I sometimes get these bad dizzy spells, and I really don't want to get them while I'm out in public.
And because of my shitty stomach, I take these pills that stablise my stomach. Called Imodium. They work, BUT they make me dizzy. Trying to take less.
It's the reason why I drink a lot of water these days.

There's not really much else I worry about.

No. I pretty much try to deal with stuff as soon as it comes up. Instead of worrying about how someone feels about me, or thinks of me, I ask them.

Someone told me once that if you're worried about something, imagine the worst possible outcome and how you'd deal with it. Then let it go.

My dad died when I was 13. A guy I'd been with a year and a half and loved a lot died when I was 19. I handled both of those situations, worked through the grief, depression, anger and I can say that I'm OK now, I'm content in my life. Those were 2 "worst case" events. I guess going through all of that taught me that I can handle whatever happens as long as I don't let worry run away with me.

when i notice myself worrying i tell myself. Is this something i can do something about like my bills are not paid yet and i need to pay them. Or am i worried about global issues and other peoples opinions and things i cant change directly. At that point i pay my stupid bills so i can stop worrying about that. Worrying about my bf of 25 years passing away will ruin the quality of the time we do have together.

And have a nice day. Smile

the point in my life when I finally accepted things really seem to go wrong for me no matter what I do made life a lot easier because I stopped worrying as much - I do stress about work though but who doesn't

I do. Not all the time but often. I'm worry mostly about money and I'm scared to ever not have enough.

I budget like crazy. I have excel files dedicated to monitor my expenses and income and overall keep my balance in check. I guess that on itself is a way to tone down the worry part.

I worry about social situations and whether I'll fuck up cause I don't know how to act around people.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I don't think there is such a thing as earning enough money. The more money you earn the higher your expenses become, and the more you spend. The more luxury items you can buy. (At least that's where my money goes). I have my paychecks for the next few years spent in advance.
''Do I look civilized to you?''