Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Worry?
Do you worry? I am curious whether or not anxiety or worry is problem for a lot of people or not and what makes us worry....

Me. I find myself worrying about things, quite a lot and frankly I'm pretty sure it was a major factor in why I ended up having a panic attack in the first place. I at times aren't so bad about worrying about things. I mean everything from money, love, the world, college, debt, health...chances are I have worried about it at some point. I feel that worrying is something we learn to do and it is hard to un-learn something when we have done it ritually for years and years....
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Anxiety is a big issue of mine. I worry a lot, and I just can't help it. I worry about how I come across to people, whether I am saying the wrong thing, what people think of me. I worry and get anxious about things that are outside my comfort zone, I worry about change even if that change works out to be better for me in the long run. I build things up in my head to be much worse and more fearsome than they really are. Even though rationally I know in most cases I have nothing to worry about, that still doesn't stop me worrying. Sometimes I wish I could turn my brain off!

Panic attacks, not pleasant. Sometimes the worrying and anxiety becomes so intense that the outlet is a panic attack. I can get overwhelmed quite easily by new or stressful situations, which can bring on these attacks. So yes, it gets me nowhere I know, but I'd say I am a worrier. And I agree, once this behaviour is learned, it is so hard to break free from it.

I guess I haven't formally introduced myself yet if this question is being asked...

Cridders88 Wrote:Anxiety is a big issue of mine. I worry a lot, and I just can't help it. I worry about how I come across to people, whether I am saying the wrong thing, what people think of me. I worry and get anxious about things that are outside my comfort zone, I worry about change even if that change works out to be better for me in the long run. I build things up in my head to be much worse and more fearsome than they really are. Even though rationally I know in most cases I have nothing to worry about, that still doesn't stop me worrying. Sometimes I wish I could turn my brain off!

Panic attacks, not pleasant. Sometimes the worrying and anxiety becomes so intense that the outlet is a panic attack. I can get overwhelmed quite easily by new or stressful situations, which can bring on these attacks. So yes, it gets me nowhere I know, but I'd say I am a worrier. And I agree, once this behaviour is learned, it is so hard to break free from it.

Yep that is a lot like me...Hell I worry about being fired, or coming across a problem I can't solve but should. Failure, rejection... That I will offend my friends, overstep boundaries. I really struggle with social situations, I don't always get things and often take things literally and miss out on jokes.

I have burned bridges before over misunderstandings, poor judgement... Other times I have made mistakes and hurt friends, ruined a few friendships.

So I often look back and worry that something like that might happen again with the wrong person.

It can be hell if I let it. So I just try not to worry, but sometimes I can't... Hell I have worried and thought out things, usually bad, and literally cried myself to sleep... Yeah not fun.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Not in a panic attack type way. I'm a high functioning neurotic person. At least I think so. I can do the things I need to do, go where I need to go. But my inner monologue is just a constant stream of over analysis and fearing for the worst.

Look, I was raised a Presbyterian. What can I say?

My sister told me just the other day that she found my nephew-at age five-sitting all alone.

"You look a bit worried there fella. Something bothering you?
Yeah. I'm worried.
What about?
I'm worried about thermonuclear war."

So lots of people worry. You just have to keep it in perspective.
I bid NO Trump!

I don't worry often. I "constructively obsess".

This means that essentially that I use my worry to drive me into working harder, pushing harder, and accomplish more.

The things I usually worry about are finance related. The cycle is....

1) Some shit or another hits the fan.
2) I have a crash of worry/anxiety that CAN create an anxiety attack.
3) I then get my shit under control and use my worries to push myself harder in order to resolve whatever has freaked my ass out in the first place.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who worries and over analyzes everything. I don't have panic attacks, but my mind is constantly going. It's been a blessing and a curse. Constant worry has made me very responsible when it comes to money, bills and budgeting, but it's probably the same reason I'm single. It keeps me from taking chances even when I so desperately want to.

No, I don't. Never have.

Of course I attend to things that need to be attended to, and I take care of whatever problems need taking care of, but that is what it is. I only experience something like worry when an unforeseen problem suddenly presents itself that has long-lasting consequences which I need to adjust to.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

i worry about how to communicate with people with who speak a different language from me because of a different POV .. which may affect how you comprehend things sometimes .. some people will get the wrong idea when you speak .. and that worries me ..