Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do anti-obesity advocates expect everyone to have a six pack?
It's a disgrace that BMI is still used by anyone, it's junk.

I have a six pack....

[Image: dr-pepper-6pack.jpg]

Sexxxy.......aint it!!!!!

And btw, I went to my keg party when I was 14 in a dry county. It was held out in and around a barn (with pickups all around) way out in a pasture and we had to pay a dollar IIRC to get in which got us stamped and able to share in the kegs. (At least that's what I paid, my 17-year-old cousin who took my dollar may have paid more to get me in as many of his friends wanted to see me, the girl popular there for having ticked off the most powerful preacher in town.)

Deputies did raid it but look outs saw them coming (and I could see their headlights and they had to drive slow as they were driving over pasture) and we all got out. Raids like that were rare but happened which was why my cousin brought a flashlight and we got back home through the woods (mostly RR tracks cutting through them). The raid was considered the highlight, but only those parked there got busted (plus one very drunk guy who was too slow to get away as he tried to take a keg with him, and according to the gossip it turned out the keg was empty anyway!)

More than one dry county liked to brag, "We're the wettest dry county." Natch, liquor stores in neighboring counties LOVED other counties being dry as it added substantially to their sales...but people driving on roads commonly used to and from the liquor store were sometimes less than pleased about it.

Like all other medical measuring systems.....they change every year. They never stay the same.

Whats "normal" this year will be "abnormal" next year. Whats "fat" this year will be "average" next year.
The national height/weight proportional charts have changed at least 3 times since I was in high school in the 1980's.

I have been 6'-4" since the 5th grade. I weighed 150 pounds. Medically speaking, then, I was height/weight proportionately "perfect". When I graduated it changed to 175 pounds. Last summer I checked it and now 220 pounds is the "perfect" height/weight by their stupid, dumbassed charts.

You HAVE to take this "per person", you cannot lump people into any kind of "group" as far as this goes, because there are too many variables. And any medical people or organization who tells you different are nothing but liars and quacks.

There are three different kinds of fat in the human body, and they all weigh differently. If you have more "brown" fat than someone equal to you has "yellow" fat, then you are going to weigh more than they do, because brown fat is heavier of the three fat types.

Some people have higher bone density, which will make them weigh more.

Other people are proportioned differently. One person may not seem fat, because their body fat has spread evenly all over their body.......as opposed to someone who gets fat in one place, where its obviously noticable.

And the "average" or "normal" person does NOT have a "six pack" or "abs of steel". The "normal" or "average" person, by medical standards has 10% body fat or less. This doesnt mean that they are anorexic or super muscular by any means.

The medical industry in this country has a LOT of lies to answer for, but yet they are allowed to continue their lies and treachery because it makes companies RICH!!!

Arkansota Wrote:We are REALLY southern so it makes sense

I want to ask something again and I'm ONLY CURIOUS. It's not a challenge or insult or snub, I just want to know because I like to understand how minds work.

Why do you relate so much to the South?

And where did you get your ideas of the South? (Ideally I'd like the name of a book, movie, or series, but I'll understand an answer like, "I grew up listening to country music, it understood me when no one else did." But if you got your ideas from say a grandfather then I'd like to hear more on what he said and where he came from and what time period he was there.)

Arkansota Wrote:Was Pellaz's post intended to be a slam? I didn't pick up on that

I don't know. I shouldn't put intentions into people's mouths, and I shouldn't have said anything to begin with.

These kinds of discussions often make me feel uncomfortable. As someone who struggled with near obesity in the past (as I've mentioned here before) I'm always sensitive to "fat shaming." Regardless whether it's anyone's business or not, it's so easy for people who have never dealt with weight issues (or people who have, for that matter) to categorize fat people as sub-human just because they appear physically unattractive to them. Being fat is hell, you can't hide it and it's one of the few self-inflicted struggles that most people feel perfectly comfortable with demeaning and humiliating those affected with the defense that they think it's for the person's own good.

I have a condition called a glycogen storage disease. I don't manufacture a blood sugar... it's very complicated and boring. The reason it's relevant is thus: in order to maintain a blood sugar whatsoever, I have to drink a mixture of cornstarch and water six times everyday, and at night I'm connected to a pump that supplies me with a blood sugar via a nasal gastric tube. Because of this, I consume over 2000 calories a day before I put any actual food in my mouth!

But I still need actual nutrition. So I eat very little, nutrient dense food. So I've had to work twice as hard as normal people to maintain even my still slightly pudgy form today.

I'm not sure I had a point in bringing all that up....

I just hate fat bashing (not that that's what's going on here, just in general). When I see a morbidly obese person, I feel nothing but sympathy. Obesity is a hell of a pit to climb out of, and it's hard to find the motivation to begin when the subliminal message you've received your whole life is that you're worthless and lazy.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Average:
[Image: 10535.jpg]
and
[Image: article-2441250-1875A47300000578-127_306x423.jpg]

Bowyn, you're telling me that's average?

Those Hips/waist is too slim, them lot's Asses are flat for days and their torsos are too thick/broad...

Unless... I'm not average :crying-and-sorry-li

Bowyn why did you point this out!! Trynna make me feel bad about my Body!
Msn-slapping

I know I have a confusing body shape!! Leave me alone :crying-and-sorry-li :crying-and-sorry-li

Lookin like a friggin Pear T^T

However, I can relate on the eating side of things, cause I've weighed about 173-177 all my adolescent/young adult life, which is okay for my Size, as I've also been 6 feet since I was about 15... and I eat like 5 cows just off fasting...

But my Father has weight fluctuation problems, and took to running as a hobby to keep his abs from becoming flabz and my Mother... well she doesn't gain weight a lot either... but she did at one point balloon up for a bit and then deflated... possibly from stress, I don't know Hypnotized-smiley .

I don't care what size a person is really, so long as they are happy and healthy.

I'm not gonna advocate against anything, cause it's not my place. But hats (which I don't wear -.- ) off to you guys who want to Hands-make-heart .

Still sad Bowyn made me feel underaverage T^T
:crying-and-sorry-li

Wade Wrote:I don't know. I shouldn't put intentions into people's mouths, and I shouldn't have said anything to begin with.

These kinds of discussions often make me feel uncomfortable. As someone who struggled with near obesity in the past (as I've mentioned here before) I'm always sensitive to "fat shaming." Regardless whether it's anyone's business or not, it's so easy for people who have never dealt with weight issues (or people who have, for that matter) to categorize fat people as sub-human just because they appear physically unattractive to them. Being fat is hell, you can't hide it and it's one of the few self-inflicted struggles that most people feel perfectly comfortable with demeaning and humiliating those affected with the defense that they think it's for the person's own good.

I have a condition called a glycogen storage disease. I don't manufacture a blood sugar... it's very complicated and boring. The reason it's relevant is thus: in order to maintain a blood sugar whatsoever, I have to drink a mixture of cornstarch and water six times everyday, and at night I'm connected to a pump that supplies me with a blood sugar via a nasal gastric tube. Because of this, I consume over 2000 calories a day before I put any actual food in my mouth!

But I still need actual nutrition. So I eat very little, nutrient dense food. So I've had to work twice as hard as normal people to maintain even my still slightly pudgy form today.

OMG!!!!
[Image: crying-smiley-emoticon.jpeg]

I wants to hug him, an squeeze him, and call him "George"!!!

Wade Wrote:I don't know. I shouldn't put intentions into people's mouths, and I shouldn't have said anything to begin with.

I'm not sure I had a point in bringing all that up....

I just hate fat bashing (not that that's what's going on here, just in general). When I see a morbidly obese person, I feel nothing but sympathy. Obesity is a hell of a pit to climb out of, and it's hard to find the motivation to begin when the subliminal message you've received your whole life is that you're worthless and lazy.

Aw But Wadey dear, you do know that no matter the package you come in, That atleast Odi wubs you right? Hands-make-heart

Just know you're just gorgeous inside and out and fuck people who got a problem with you being who you are Msn-slapping

Coffee

Sylph Wrote:and fuck people who got a problem with you being who you are Msn-slapping

That's the problem... they won't let me.