Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do gay people exist?
Blue Wrote:If you were being truly honest with yourself, you 'd know that as far as simply the physical sensations go, you could get off were it a man, woman, or a wet hole in the wall for all that goes. Doesn't make you any less straight, that's just how bodies respond to sensations.

Sure a gay man could have sex with a woman and get off, he's still gay. Sexuality is about a lot more than just who or what you can orgasm with. If that's all it was we'd all be pansexual. Just because you can't imagine yourself doing it, doe not mean your body is incapable of it. If you hand works then so to would anything or anyone else that provides satisfactory sensations.

Saying a gay person might be bi just because they can reach orgasm with the opposite gender is the same as saying you might be asexual because you can reach orgasm with your own hand. That jsut isn't what determine sexuality is about.

Sure what visuals actually arouse us quickly is part of it, but the source of the actual stimulation that brings us to orgasm isn't.

You are mistaken if you believe that I could do that, I told you as it is with me, you can believe what you wish.

We are consciousness or a thought and that is the main thing that's necessary for orgasm... just a hand nor hole in the wall could do it alone, dont believe me? Look at "wet dream" no physical action is needed, only thing present is thought it self and orgasm is reached.

So no I could not have an orgasm with a man. Like I said, it is repulsive to me.

We tend to view world as ourselves with that in mind, you view me as your self since you feel something that I dont, or to use a quote:

"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world."

We are different, that is exactly why I decided to look for gay forum and ask this question.

Aloha Wrote:hey Blue thanks for your reply.

For some reason I cant quote posts since this forum seems to be quite buggy.

I understand and accept that you want to spend your life with man but just wondering...

Is there no sexual attraction towards females at all in you? Did you ever have an orgasm with a woman or thinking about one?

No I never had any sexual attraction to women. Yes, because of my very fundamental upbringing I did actually marry one and, sure I got off with her a few times in the 11 moths we were married, but it was by ignoring the fact that she wasn't a man and, imagining myself with a man.

So, have I ever had an orgasm when I was mentally with a woman? No, physically yes, but my mind was with a man.

And you want the truth, you know how I get rid of an inappropriate or embarrassing erection? I think of female genitals and the scent of my ex wife in that region. Problem solved, no more tent in the trousers. For me that is a fool proof turn off that has't worn out in 27 years.

do straight people exist

I have read studies that suggest that only 10% of the population (or some low number like that) are truly 100% gay or straight. The rest of us fall on some long line that is 'bisexual' With a majority of those who identify as gay or straight actually being something like 90% straight/Gay to 10% the other way.

Meaning that they have the occasional opposite feelings (if gay, then straight) but do not act on it or just find it easier to think of themselves 100% straight or gay.

I fall in that category. I have had actually interest in two women in 46 years, interest not only sexually but also the 'daydream' of marriage, kids, suburban house, picket fence. I never acted on those stray impulses. The rest of the women I have known in my life (hundreds, millions I have met) I haven't had those impulses. Thus I identify as 100% gay when there may be a technicality there that means I'm actually bi-sexual.

Historically there is a strong case for bisexuality especially in males being the 'norm' Especially when we look at the Greeks and Romans who were not all tied up with strict taboo codes that strictly forbid homosexual activity.

Understand that when it came to these ancient peoples they did have some taboos regarding what kind of sex was perform. Anal sex was a taboo since it implied a loss of manhood. Oral sex and mutual masturbation was allowable.

And it wasn't just about sex either. Many men had wives at home and had romantic relationships with men or their slaves while on the road. It was very common for Roman warriors to have a male servant who serviced not only their armor and served their meals, but also satisfied other appetites. It was considered better than turning to prostitution or 'invading' the local women.

More often than not those relationships became as close as wife/husband or even more so since its two guys on the road...

Other cultures used man on man sex as a way to punish. If your people lost in a battle/war it was highly probable that the male warriors who 'lost' the battle also were emasculated with anal rape. Again the whole 'taking' of the manhood plays into this.

Male Prostitution was also very common. Leviticus is often thrown out there to demonstrate that God has issues with gays. However when we put that back into context especially if you read it in the Hebrew we find that the issue is not 'men lying down with men like with women' but is the practice of men lying down with other men as a form of sex-ritual to worship in this case the God Molech (A false deity and God has issues with worshiping other Gods).

Temple prostitution of both males and females who 'sold' their services for these sexual-rituals was very common. If it was just gay guys doing it, there wouldn't be that much participation, it was in fact many 'straight' men who 'worshiped' in this manner.

The Story of Sodom is another example of straight men having sex. In this case two visitors came to Sodom and were visiting Lot. The men of the town came to Lot's house saying 'We want to know your visitors'. This was not gay men wanting to date and enter into a relationship, this was a group of straight men who wanted to gang-rape the strangers, emasculating them.

Again the issue is using sex to emasculate or take men's manhood from them, something that was considered a huge deal way back then.

If straight men were 100% straight, they wouldn't be able to do these things.

I believe there is such a thing as true homosexuality, true heterosexuality and everything in between.

Yes, sexuality can be fluid, but one can also be set in their ways too and know what they are attracted to. No matter how much one may want to rebel against it, eventually, one must face up to their sexuality.

Example: When I was in high school, I was still trying to deny to myself that I was gay (I was brought up by a religious nut-job of a father who drilled homophobic rhetoric into me at a very early age) and that I could "make" it with a woman if I choose to do so. After all, closeted gay men in the 50's and 60's like Anthony Perkins, Rock Hudson and Robert Reed were all married to women and they seemed happy. How naive I was.

I picked out a girl and began to date her. Throughout the entire facade of a courtship, I knew I was just going through the motions and parroting what other straight couples were doing at the time. No matter how much I tried to deny it to myself, the feelings of "this isn't you and you damn well know it!" would surface.

It got to the point where she wanted to have sex one evening. I felt NOTHING, no desire, not the faintest twinge at the prospect of making love to her. But, you know the drill by now, I was lying to myself through my teeth.

I tried to perform, could not get an erection...I just felt detached from everything around me...it was a horrible feeling. I felt like a bad clone of a human being, or one of Jack Finney's pod people, trying to fit in but it was painfully obvious I wasn't cutting the mustard. I liked this girl yes, but I did not love her in a sexual manner, and I could have cared less about her nude body. There's more to tell, but you get the gist of where this is going I hope, and quite frankly, I'd rather not delve too much deeper into this memory....it was a bad evening I'd rather soon forget lets just say.

It was that night after the whole debacle had ended I was finally able to accept myself as I am. I am a 100% gay man. I am not sexually attracted to women, I can appreciate the beauty of a woman on an aesthetic level, but I have no desire to be with a woman sexualy.

Or, in short, everyone is different. We have gays and lesbians, we have straights and we have bisexuals. Everyone falls into one catagory or another Confusedmile:

I wrote response but forum said that my post needs moderator review so I couldn't reply so far... technical side of this forum is not to my liking.

---------------------------------------------------------
@Blue

You are mistaken if you believe that I could do that, I told you as it is with me, you can believe what you wish.

We are consciousness or a thought and that is the main thing that's necessary for orgasm... just a hand nor hole in the wall could do it alone, dont believe me? Look at "wet dream" no physical action is needed, only thing present is thought it self and orgasm is reached.

So no I could not have an orgasm with a man. Like I said, it is repulsive to me.

We tend to view world as ourselves with that in mind, you view me as your self since you feel something that I dont, or to use a quote:

"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world."

We are different, that is exactly why I decided to look for gay forum and ask this question.
-----------------------------

@pellaz

Yes there are, and there is no need for smart ass remarksSmile

I come from a country where this is still kinda a taboo topic so its not like I have a circle of gay buddies that I could ask this question, and considering that I heard stories like that of Rosie and other "gay" man having orgasm with women it is a legit question.
----------------------------------------

@Bowyn Aerrow and @wintermoon

Thanks for your insight I guess that answered my question.

That studies that you mentioned about 10%/10% is interesting as well as you Winter not feeling even the slightest attraction to that girl.

Aloha Wrote:Test to see if forum lets me post...

Hope you'll hang in there Aloha! Your perspective is valuable here.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

That it is, yes some of us, me included can be a bit blunt and even defensive, but as you read and explore the forum, I think you'll get a better idea of why we are who we are. Take time to get to know us and, I think the answer will be obvious.

Yes there are a small percentage of us who really are 100% whatever sexuality we identify as, and a lot of us at every point in between one and the next.

If you are 100% heterosexual, then why is is not just as easy for us to be 100% homosexual?

Aloha Wrote:straight guy could never have an orgasm with another man.

Given that I've heard of straight men & women both talk about that one odd homosexual encounter (typically while drunk and/or a teen) I don't think you speak for all heterosexuals. Wink

On a sadder note I knew straight boys as a runaway who were able to orgasm with johns (which was sometimes required to do what was wanted). And it makes sense to me as gay men are able to marry women and have children (one of the worst I heard of was a bitter woman who married a Russian Orthodox priest and had 2 children but one day he had enough, divorced her, left the priesthood, and actually joined the gay leather crowd, and she claimed they'd ONLY had sex twice, each time resulting in child, but that did mean he was able to orgasm despite being very gay) then why couldn't straight males do the same in reverse?

Aloha Wrote:Is there such a thing as truly gay, or are people simply heterosexual or bisexual with bisexual individuals having gender preferences ranging anywhere from 50:50 or leaning more towards one gender in particular?

I am a strong believer in a spectrum and I believe that a few people drift across it, sometimes radically, over their lifetime. I'd guess the majority of people are at least 90% straight, though it's difficult to know how much of that is inherent and how much is put there by society (that is it could be male on male sexual experiences might be far more common if it wasn't so condemned, and some say such homosexual encounters between men was quite normal in some societies). Generally speaking someone has to be less than 80% heterosexual for me to even count them as a real bisexual (beyond that then if they're still willing to have a relationship with someone of the same sex then they're more bi-curious or very open minded, perhaps dealing in polyamory, and isn't likely to last).

I do recall getting annoyed once when CNN made a big deal over Buffy the Vampire Slayer having a lesbian one night stand in the comics. I was partially annoyed that this was even considered news, but mostly annoyed that they were saying "Buffy is a lesbian now." No, she had a one night stand after very trying circumstances, and in my mind she's still completely straight (hovering around 90% at the very least, and even if Buffy decided to fall for women in the future then she'd be bi, not lesbian, not unless she had a radical shift in sexuality).

My neighbor asked me last night if I was just bi. (ugh) and I told her that no I'm not. I've never really been sexually attracted to women. But I sure as hell could fake it! Did for 21 years! But to answer the OPs original question, yes gay people do exist!